McIntosh A129 Monoblock

Hey Kam, You were able to safely remove the decal? Care to share tips? I would appreciate it.

Carl

These weren't exactly decals, more like thin metal plates. Slid a razor blade under it and it came right off.

Interesting, the ones on mine look like decals. I've thought about
a re-paint of my 45 year old 60's. If I do I won't sweat about removing them I guess. They really don't matter that much to me and I will be buried with them. ;)

Carl

Carl,

Depening on what they look like, maybe a touch up with a brush and then a coat of clear flat or satin would be all they need. You might be surprised what a coat of clear will do. Be careful because some new spray finishes will dissolve the old paint.

That would be worth a try before I go to the extreme trouble
of stripping and painting. Fortunately there are no dents, just a few nicks in the paint. Time's on my side, and they aren't going
anywhere. :)

Carl

If there are just a couple of small scratches, try a Sanford Sharpie. You would be amazed at how well that works on black anodized aluminum and other black painted pieces.

I've tried that before and it doesn't work on the transformers.
It does work great on heat sinks and some other stuff.

Carl

I see it has those capacitors that were labelled like resistors because that is what they turn into as they age. That aside I think these pics will be helpful to Tim in his restoration, especially if he cannot find another schematic. Those resistors (the real resistors not the capacitor resistors) are easily identified in the pictures.

Slightly out of focus but here is a bottom shot, only had the camera for 5 years and still keep forgetting how to get a good closeup. As an after thought, the amp in the pictures has Gold Lion Genelex outputs and problems, will fix it tomorrow night.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom