McIntosh Amplifier for Harbeth Speakers

I had an opportunity to listen to the flagship Bryston speakers when I picked up my 2.5B3 amp. They are very understated in their appearance. However, the performance is excellent with great build quality, plus the 20 year warranty is a nice plus. For me, Bryston is tied with McIntosh as my top choice.
Bryston speakers are almost unheard of in this region of South East Asia, hard time to find one new, let alone a used pair! I might have to stick to JBL, Harbeth, Klipsch, etc. which have more presence here.

What's Bryston's flagship?

I will find time to audition the Altec 14 soon, but I just saw a Rogers Compact Monitor. The seller wrote:

"One of rarerest Rogers speaker. Made in year 1978.
2-way, 8" woofer, 8ohms, handling capacity 50watts speech and music.
The sound is very natural and transparent.
These are more powerful and dynamic bass compare to LS 3/5A.
"

The photos are the same as found in this link:
http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/...ogers_compact_monitor_speakers/images/629493/

Would you think these Rogers can work with a Mac amp to deliver large scale classical music convincingly?

I will find time to audition the Altec 14 soon, but I just saw a Rogers Compact Monitor. The seller wrote:

"One of rarerest Rogers speaker. Made in year 1978.
2-way, 8" woofer, 8ohms, handling capacity 50watts speech and music.
The sound is very natural and transparent.
These are more powerful and dynamic bass compare to LS 3/5A.
"

The photos are the same as found in this link:
http://www.usaudiomart.com/details/...ogers_compact_monitor_speakers/images/629493/

Would you think these Rogers can work with a Mac amp to deliver large scale classical music convincingly?

I would not think that. These are likely (I cannot find specs) very cool / accurate speakers for intimate music but not "large scale". "These are more powerful and dynamic bass compare to LS 3/5A" does not mean much as the legendary LS 3/5A have tiny woofers on no real bass. It's like saying your new car has more horsepower than the legendary 1959 Volkswagen Beatle which would be true of any car with more than 40 (or whatever) horsepower. Most speakers have "more powerful and dynamic bass compare to LS 3/5A."

If you sit close to the speakers and use a subwoofer, these might work for you.

Back
Top Bottom