McIntosh at CES 2005

The MS300 was designed to hold and organize a customer's CD collection and play it back with great fidelity. Many are happy with MP-3 but for me something is always missing....
The FLAC aspect of the MS300 is strong and most show attendees were unaware of this including the press. You can have intelligent compression and get back all the bits. As far as the other features such as mega changer control for Kenwood, Pioneer, and Sony units, the internet radio section or the ability to stream 4 or more music streams simultaneously around the house on ethernet, these are less important to most customers.
Looking at the show sales orders the dealers are excited about the MS300 and it looks to be a home run. We are also getting review unit requests from the main stream and audiophile press. Over the next month we will polish up the software and start shipping in the latter part of Feb.
Ron-C

Thanks for the nice wrap up Ron! :thmbsp:
I may go there next year. They always seem to fall on my birthday but am
out of family to celebrate with locally nowadays. A Las Vegas party may be in order next year. :yes:
Can't wait til House Of Music gets the units in stock. I am hoping the XRT2KW puts some used XRT 28's on the markets for us po folks. :D
MC2KW, I love that name!!!

Carl

I am not sure who the XRT2K speakers are built for. They are a very good sounding line array design, easy to drive and handle nutty power, over 6000 watts. The sound is effortless. A MC275 will drive them to over 105db. A MC1201 will drive them to 132 db at eight feet. They can handle a MC2KW on each section, tweeters, mids, and woofers tri-amp style. If you want to replicate a live Who concert with front row seats in your living room these puppies are the ticket! Speaking of ticket they are $60,000 per pair. Each cabinet does have a total of 100+ tweeters, midrange and woofer drivers. At least their is some value here. The tweeters are 3/4" titanium domes that are within a few dBs out past 50 KHz. Dogs will love these!
Ron-C

Back
Top Bottom