Mcintosh C47 Have Issue's?

theoman

Confused Member
Subscriber
I just bought a C47 and when I set it up, There was low power to the left channel.
the unit is heading back to Audio Classic and my choice is to have it fixed or get something else.
the C47 is perfect for me because I was going to add a Macintosh 450 transport.
Is there issues with the C47? If so I will move on.

By the way Audio Classic is the best!

I am sure they guys at AK will do their best for you as they have for me for many many years.

I'm puzzled too.
headscratch.gif

Laws of average's with such a complicated circuit.
When you look at how much that pre-amp can do and how many semiconductors are in the C47 as opposed to a C34 for instance, then I say quality and reliability is up!!
No issues with the C47 or any other product McIntosh make...

When I spoke to ryan at Audio Classic's he said that he already ordered a new board for it. and all the ones he he as sold, only one other had a issue and it was software.
If it gets repaired I may not jump to the C2200.
With the C47 I would like to add the MCD 450 or 80 to it.

I'm guessing that you'll be more than happy with the C47 once the issue is taken care of. I'm kind of shocked that AC didn't find the issue before it was sold.

I'm guessing that you'll be more than happy with the C47 once the issue is taken care of. I'm kind of shocked that AC didn't find the issue before it was sold.
Would have been in the box, I can't imagine they unpack every McIntosh product and test it....this is done at the factory.

They gave me a great price and great service so far and they offerer exchange and repair! I'm just sitting back and waiting with lots of options.
If PayPal unlocks the hold on the dragon turntable I sold I may go after the 2500 but I already have a Audio Research tube system.

Would have been in the box, I can't imagine they unpack every McIntosh product and test it....this is done at the factory.

I was assuming it was a pre-owned unit. If it was a factory new unit, why would they order a new board for it? I would demand another factory fresh unit.

I do not believe even AC can sell most new product out of their market area, except for the Crutchfield etc. exceptions.

I do wonder where AC gets all their almost current model product......the Binghamton area market was never a standout due to the employee units available for resale there. So I doubt they get much on trade locally. I would assume they have a network of dealers that sell them their traded in units. One thing about trade in units......often owners trade when a problem crops up........not when they are working properly.

Way, way back in the day we were one of the handfull of dealers authorized to resell Mac B stock, I do wonder if AC now fills that role.

I was assuming it was a pre-owned unit. If it was a factory new unit, why would they order a new board for it? I would demand another factory fresh unit.
Oh, maybe it was? Not sure.
Maybe due to the modular nature of the way it's constructed, it might be easy just to slip a new board in that replace the whole unit?
If it was new, I'd probably want a fresh unit too, you'd think they would not put anything in a box and ship if it wasn't working!!
But, mistakes are made...Who knows..

Back
Top Bottom