Mcintosh C52 Windows Volume Control - Jumps

willpwr

Hello, a new member but long time reader of threads at this forum.

I recently purchased a new Mcintosh C52 that was delivered sealed by Mcintosh.

I'm using it with my desktop Windows 10 computer via USB.

I understand I am supposed to leave windows volume at 100%, and adjust via the C52 to retain sound quality, but this is not very useful for me on a daily basis as I turn volume of games/music down and up a lot.

The volume control in windows does not attenuate the C52 at a even rate. There seems to be 3 big jumps. One at 82, 54 and 34. Basically, there are 4 volume steps, not 100 steps. So from 82-100 its the same volume.

Is this a known problem with the C52, or is there a software fix I can employ in windows?

I had just previously been using a c2500 and yggy and have never ran into this.

This sounds like a fairly common issue and I don't believe it is a problem with your C52. Just a suggestion, keep your C52 remote control close to your computer and get into the habit of using it for volume control. :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Thanks. On a seperate note, I have a schiit gen 5 yggdrasil that I can use as a dac that works with windows. Do you think the yggy > built in on the c52?

Thanks. On a seperate note, I have a schiit gen 5 yggdrasil that I can use as a dac that works with windows. Do you think the yggy > built in on the c52?

I've never had the chance to hear the Schiit DAC, so I can't make an informed comparison.

The C52 volume control is always full bit information so this is what you should get used to using. Leave the computer at 100% volume for best sound quality.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Back
Top Bottom