McIntosh can be sold new over the internet?

Prices reflect discounts that I suspect are below dealer net. I suspect that these were bought used and the warranties not filled out by the first owner and he's trying to sell. While pricing seems decent I'd not buy expecting Mc to honor the warranty. 1 time when Mc's policy of playing policeman may protect some innocent purchaser if they catch wind of this.

Reported off site links to eBay security, none of the equipment listed says NEW or NEW IN BOX, he is listing it as used - no warranty.....

More than fishy..

Notice the e-bay listing states the item location is Binghampton but the Audiogon ads he supplies links to show a Malibu, CA zip code. The e-bay ad states products are 'new in box w/ warranty' the Audiogon ads just say 'mint condition'... It'll be interesting to see how long McIntosh allows this to continue..
Bill

...or eBay! Over $31K in total listings on Audiogon!

Can you say, "Fee Avoidance!" I knew you could.

eBay lets sellers get away with a lot of different stuff, as long as they get their listing fees. Fee avoidance, no way.

To quote Richard Pryor's dog (speaking to burglar),

"Do what you want, just don't f#@k with my supper dish!"

Originally posted by luvvinvinyl

To quote Richard Pryor's dog (speaking to burglar),

"Do what you want, just don't f#@k with my supper dish!"

That is by far the best, funniest stand up routine ever....

Would you happen to remember the title of the video which contained that routine, among others? I have been looking to replace a copy which I loaned to a friend (?) and which is now awol. Since my old brain cannot remember the title, the search has not been easy.

Any assistance which you could provide would be greatly appreciated.

Ernie

I will see if I remember,,,,,I made a copy of it eons ago,,,I know its performed in Long Beach.

The link is no longer valid...

Looks like either McIntosh, eBay, or both, delt with the offender. Click on the eBay link and you get this notice:

"The item you requested (5720141501) is invalid, still pending, or no longer in our database..."

Exkuse my ignatints, but how is it that Mac can prevent people from selling? I mean, if it's not a wholesaler who's in violation of some sort of agreement then what right does a company have to control my selling something that I paid for clear and free?

That's like GM telling me I can't sell my Cadillac after I've paid for it. Am sure there's much more to this story but would like to hear about it. Thanks

Anthony

McIntosh dealer contract says you can only sell new with warranty to a customer who comes into your store, new equipment (current production) may not be sold by mail order, the internet, etc. without factory permission. We do not have any current production McIntosh on our web site even though it is not directly associated with a retail store, keeps the factory happy and raises no questions of impropriety.
If a person buys new at retail then resells a week later on the net for less than dealer cost either he is crazy, something stinks, or he likes giving away lots of money.

The auction was most likely pulled because the seller violated listing rules, specifically the one about linking to off-eBay selling, namely Audiogon. Someone must have reported him to eBay. the best way to do that would be to call their attention to the $31K+ in sales which he was hiding from them, denying them their listing fees.

I wonder who could have done that?

Back
Top Bottom