McIntosh Feet

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by doodle6, Aug 17, 2008.

1. peter_cph

peter_cph New Member

Would it be possible also to get a list of panloc mounting brackets? I have no idea what brackets fit what models. And since I almost exclusively find them in USA and it cost a million to ship to Denmark, it's a bummer to buy the wrong brackets.

I am particularly looking for brackets and case for MC2125

:)

Peter

2. Mc_Man

Mc_Man Well-Known Member

3. Sluggo

Sluggo Super Member

Ive got a Foot & Screw Question on my MR 77 Tuner -
    The little Black plastic caps that are on the Inside of the Bottom panel
    That the Foot screws get Screwed into to Hold the feet firmly in place...
    What are they Called ?
    Id like to know what to ask for when I call Mc parts dept as mine are Stripped.

4. skippy_ps

skippy_ps AK Subscriber Subscriber

I just looked at mine and the feet get attached to a metal speed nut, aka, a clip nut. I have a #10 sheet metal screw in mine but I think they will take a #12.

Murray

5. Sluggo

Sluggo Super Member

Thanks again Murray,Im so Glad you have a MR 77 also,You've been a big help !

6. Lamont

Lamont New Member

Hi there, I just purchased my first McIntosh and I'm super excited.
    It's a MC2105.
    I have some questions I'm hoping you guys can help me with as there seems to be tons of knowledgeable members here excited about Mac products!

I want to remove the cabinet and put in on the shelf as I prefer the look of it.
    - Can I just slide the unit out or do I need any special tools?
    - Do I need to attach feet to the bottom of the removed unit, or will it sit fine without them? Are there holes underneath for doing this?

I searched around a bunch but couldn't find any walkthroughs or pictures of how to get the cabinet off or how to "stand" the unit once the cabinet has been removed.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated (and pics would be stellar). This puppy weighs over 65 pounds so the less messing around with it the better!

Thanks again!

Lamont

7. Sluggo

Sluggo Super Member

Welcome to AK Lamont !
    To get the Amp out of its case,Push both the Two Small Buttons In.
    One on the Lower Left of glass face and One on the lower Right,Words Panloc above!
    You will have to grab the sides of face to pull ,Carefully slide it out.

The feet would of have been removed for cabinet placement
    Its recommended to attach Feet for Ventilation to get underneath the unit.

Use the keyword "Panlocs" in the AK search engine for previous thread info!
    Nice Amp !

8. Lamont

Lamont New Member

Thanks Sluggo!
    Man, that was a huge help!
    I got the beast freed!

So now I have another question if you don't mind taking the time...

1. I don't see where I could attach feet for the ventilation on the bottom of the amp. Maybe these teensy holes I guess... Can you give some guidance as to where they should be mounted and where I can purchase the mounting hardware and feet?

Thanks a million!

Lamont

Attached Files:

• 2105.jpg
      2105.jpg
      File size:
      134.7 KB
      Views:
    Last edited: Oct 27, 2009
  9. macman007

macman007 Mcintosh..Made In USA

No, the holes you see in the picture are not it... (there are 4 speed clips) :the easiest way to recognize them is at a 30 degree angle from your picture you have provided, in the lower left corner, there is a metal clip tab protruding thru the case with a hole to the left of it on the same line of holes. This is a speed nut that takes a # 10 or 12 sheet metal screw that attaches to your feet to the bottom case. The "speed clips" are easily identifiable: there are 4, one in each quadrant( UL/ UR/ LL / and LR, and have a metal tab that is outside the tin cover. Visible next to each is the speed nut for the screw / foot attach to. This is for use without the case. they have to be removed to install the unit in the case. Save them as I lost all mine along with a big box of extras and that is annoying when you need them asap on a 3 Scotch night!

Hope this helps to clarify things. Be sure not to bottom out the screw into an internal component. The best way to do this is with a tooth pick. Compare the tooth pick mark from the hole for the screw foot and measure the protruding screw length thru the foot. Make a mark with a sharpie around the tooth pick where it is inserted without bottoming out. then compare to your fastener/foot assembly with the screw all the way in the foot to length to the toothpick depth , thus no "screw ups" :D A reasonable length screw 3/4 to 1 " should be all that is necessary. YRMV, thus the check

Pm me with any more questions, if need be.

Peace,

Phil

aka007

Last edited: Oct 31, 2009
  10. Sluggo

Sluggo Super Member

Say Phil,
    3 Speed Clips on the bottom panel of my MR77 were Ripped out of their Holes
    Along with the feet & screws during shipping,I found 3 Loose inside the unit,1 stayed.

How do I go about getting New ones back into place ?

Glad you got your Amp Free Lamont!

11. macman007

Squeeze them tighter with pliers then reinstall. Don't want any floating around. Make sure you got em all. Iff not time for a call to Binghamton. Wouldn't surprise if they we in stock available next day air.

Like the add says we service what we sell... unless you need a CDM 01 cd transport for a MCD-7000 CD player. Phillips Product not a McIntosh product, so it's not their fault that they are no longer available. Of course, this transport was from their 1st CD player in the early 80's and the CDM 01 was widely recognized as the best out there at that time .Many company's used them. Later McIntosh changed to Pioneer and Nachamichi to eliminate supply and demand problems on CD transports..after a 3 year search I found 2 ,one NOS off the net and one from a 1985 Phillips cd player. That ones in the unit working as we speak, the NOS one is waiting in the wings for the one I used out of the Phillips to crap out, unit since it worked fine. I like my MCD 7000CD, so I would like to have it around for a few more years even if it is ancient by todays standards. It's Mc's first and that makes it special to me!

Phil

12. Sluggo

Sluggo Super Member

Thanks Phil,
    Im ordering a shipping box from Mc next week so I'll inquire with Parts Dept then.
    Im going to put the tuner in a woodcase,But want it to be able to take feet !

I havent heard any of the Older Mc CD players yet but Im glad your able to get parts

13. macman007

As far as McIntosh cd players go, I think the Mcd 7000 and 7005 are the only ones that you can't get transports (laser assemblies) for. They were Phillips units that McIntosh upgraded and used in their first cd players, since they didn't have their own, and wanted to get a cd player on the market. The Phillips CDM-01 was one of the best out there at the time. Thats why they used it. That was circa 1984 when cd players started taking off.

To this day, I believe they outsource for some of their transports on some of their cd and dvd units. I believe my unit has a Denon transport in it (I have the Mvp 861)

My McIntosh MLd 7020 Laser disc player has a Pioneer transport in it. It has never let me down...and yes I do still watch, and buy laser discs. I have bought them for as cheep as 1.00 Some of the were upwards to 60.00 for a single disc movie when they came out. And there are some titles that are still only available on laser disc.

I know this is the feet topic..sorry for going off topic... and the reservation....what can I say... I' Mc Crazy :lmao::lmao:

14. Lamont

Lamont New Member

Hi again, fellas.
    I finally got my feet and screws all lined up.
    Macman, I'm hoping you can clear up just a couple of things for me.

- There are only 3 speedclips on the bottom of the 2105. As far as I understand from your previous post, the feet are mounted in the holes next to where those speedclips are. It seems like the speedclips need to be removed to mount the feet, but they are REALLY stuck in there. I just want to make sure!

Thanks for taking another look. I know these questions are a little dumb, but better safe than sorry!

Lamont

Attached Files:

15. dewickt

dewickt Will fix about Anything

The 3 speed clips are for shipping when bolted down to the wood/cardboard lower pad. The front feet have smaller holes about 1" toward the edge from the speed clips, the rear feet are in line with the front feet about 1/2" from the back edge.

16. Lamont

Lamont New Member

Hi Terry,

So...not the ones I circled in the pic I posted?
    Honestly, I don't see any holes that line up 1/2 inch from the back of the unit except for the very small ones I originally posted.
    Thanks for the help, don't know why I'm having such a hard time with this.
    Are there any pics on the net that could help me out that you know of?

Thanks again,

Lamont

17. skippy_ps

skippy_ps AK Subscriber Subscriber

Those small holes are the correct ones. Try a #6 or #8 sheet metal screw although you may need to use a washer under the head of the screw. Select a screw that is only like 3/8" - 1/2" longer than the foot is so that you don't go too far and short or damage something inside.

Murray

18. Lamont

Lamont New Member

Got it!
    Thanks, Murray.

19. macman007

Guess i lucked out. My unit has 4 speed clips. I measures the depth and used screws that wouldn't come close to bottoming out anywhere. It made screw selection easier too. But you have threaded holes, and those would be the proper ones to use.

For some reason I was unable to locate the machined holes in my Mr74, so I used the 4 speed clips with screws of an appropriate length..in my experience, the speed clips hold the feet tighter than they would ever need to be, probably because they are used to keep the unit attached to the shipping board, making them pretty strong. Plus if they strip, they can easily be used with a thicker screw. It works for me!

Sorry for the confusion,

Phil

20. jchouston

jchouston Well-Known Member

I am fortunate to have received an immaculate MR-73 tuner that was previously installed in an entertainment center via panlocs. Therefore, it has no cabinet nor feet.

What feet and screws do I need to get for this to mount on a console/credenza shelf so that it doesn't sit on its bare chassis?

Any hints on where to get them would also be appreciated.

Thanks.