1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

McIntosh Feet

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by doodle6, Aug 17, 2008.

1. theoman

theoman AK Subscriber Subscriber

Threaded inserts

I found this works for Mac that have lost their inserts

Alcoa Marson Klik Steel Threadserts 8-32 20 pcs they fit from the outside in the 1/4 hole

Now I need to find the two inside that are sliding back and forth

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  2. laf0781

laf0781 New Member

hallo to everyone, I am fairly new to AK, but I find it very interesting since I am the proud owner of two Mcintosh amplifier pairs, one C28/2105 and one C32/2125.

Now to my questions (I have ordered two sets of 1" black plastic feet for both 2105 and C32, which still have no feet).

2105: in this thread I have read there are two ways of attaching them: one through the 3 speed nut holes, and the other through the smaller holes located quite near the corners of the bottom. What is better?
    Furthermore, in the first case the plastic feet cover part of the metal tabs protruding from their holes, right? Is it OK? has anyone more experience in putting feet under the 2105?

C32: it seems to have just the smaller holes near the corners. Did I miss anything, or these holes are the right ones?

Sorry for these questions, but please have mercy of the newbies.

Thanks in advance.

3. dewickt

dewickt Will fix about Anything

Both C32 and MC2105 have 4 smallish holes near the corners, will take a #8 x3/4 or 1" sheet metal screw.

4. laf0781

laf0781 New Member

Many thanks; I will try to find them in some online store in the USA since European screws have a different threading.

5. Rich Andrews

Rich Andrews Well-Known Member

Speaking of feet, the rubber feet on the MC2500 amplifier are toilet seat bumpers. When I needed to replace the feet on a MC2500 I acquired, it took me a long time to figure out where I had seen that rubber bumper. It was really annoying. I knew I had seen that "foot" somewhere, but just could not place it for the longest time. Talk about irritating....wow!

6. Bill S

Bill S Thread Killer

What is the normal size rubber/plastic feet for say a MC2505 amp? I believe they are 3/4" diameter but what might the height be? Any after-market sources or options?

I have an amp that was rack mounted and it has no feet/

7. MX117.MC7150

MX117.MC7150 Listener Subscriber

Have you checked with the factory and on eBay? They come in two heights, either of which will work. A quick check on eBay shows only the taller feet for under $20/set.

8. yaya97

yaya97 Super Member

I was thinking using 4 hockey pucks under my MC2300 ( the plastic feet are there but still..). Bad idea??

9. steelgtr

steelgtr Well-Known Member

2105 Feet

I found an ebay seller w/ NOS feet, both the 5/8 and the 1"

Should I get the 1"? My 2105 came with 2 5/8" feet.

thx

bob

10. rbnjr2

rbnjr2 New Member

MX130 feet

Im looking for some bigger feet for the MX130 preamp. if someone has a source please advise. (current ones make unit sit too low and not sure if they are stock parts)

thank you.

11. andyo5

andyo5 Active Member

Sir, Not to panic.
    Even if you can't obtain original McIntosh feet for your wooden cabs, a trip to Home Depot, Lowes, or any number of hardware stores will make available any number of similar screw or glue on feet, suitable for your purpose.
    I think I would call McIntosh Labs and ask them for some feet first.
    Then you will be able to say "feets, don't fail me now!".

12. unnamed

unnamed New Member

I'm a little surprised in all the talk about feet that nobody has brought up the subject of vibration control feet--Stillpoints, Symposium, or some such. I recognize that many people may be more concerned about OEM parts for authenticity sake but vibration control is surely the way to go for overall system performance?

Just curious.

13. 1deigler

1deigler Member

My C2300 pre uses HRS Nimbus feet on Symposium Svelte Shelves. The improvement is not subtle, just cannot figure out why companies do not use quality feet!

14. emperorpwl

emperorpwl New Member

Btw you can get the feet from Mcintosh for $1 each + shipping depending on where you are.

15. jchouston

jchouston Well-Known Member

What is it about the improvement? Can you describe the change?

16. 1ontop=

1ontop= Active Member

Please excuse the fact I don't know how to use the quote feature.

17. kaplang

kaplang Works for me ! Subscriber

Plastic, rubber or wood. Pick one. They are only feet and it doesn't matter.

18. 1ontop=

1ontop= Active Member

That's a "matter" of opinion.

19. kaplang

kaplang Works for me ! Subscriber

Or you could mix them up and have at least one of each.

20. c-atle-79bay

c-atle-79bay Super Member

Reading and walk in missed the answer.