McIntosh Feet

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by doodle6, Aug 17, 2008.

1. VintageMac

VintageMac McIntosh Junkie

I thought I would mention that we now have “proper” replacement feet for McIntosh units and cabinets.

McIntosh never meant for the shipping feet to be used for their equipment. Those small tapered feet were meant to engage the holes in the shipping cartons to ensure the unit did not shift in transit. In use, the units were expected to be mounted in a cabinet or custom installation.

We have developed replacement feet with a unique offset mounting hole. The feet attach in the same location and with the same screws as the original shipping feet. The offset hole allows the feet to be rotated out toward the sides of the unit.

Not only are these feet “beefier” than the shipping feet, but they give a wider stance as well. These can also be used as replacement feet for the non-slant leg cabinets.
    [​IMG]

They are available now from our website at $10 for a set of 4.

Larry

2. rhing

rhing Active Member

Does anyone know where I can purchase replacement feet and mounting screws for a vintage MC240 amp?

3. dfunghi

dfunghi AK Subscriber Subscriber

There is an AK vendor ad I see go by on top of page that has hard to find replacement feet. These I believe are after market.
    http://www.sundancepins.com/custom/rrartifacts.htm

4. rhing

rhing Active Member

5. Rob-F

Rob-F Likes Vintage Gear and DIY Subscriber

The wood cabinet for my MR67 has simple wood runners about 1/2" by 3/4" and maybe 10 or 12 inches long, one on the left and one on the right. They start about an inch and a quarter back from the front edge and run to the back of the cabinet. They are set in about 1 1/4" in from the left and right edges. They raise the cabinet 3/4" off the shelf. Just rip a couple of sticks and glue or screw 'em on!

6. serta1

serta1 New Member

I have the MacIntosh 1700 with the original wood case I purchased in 1973. That one has the slanted legs. I also have the exact same setup with the MA6100 and MR77. Those wood cases have the rubber feet. I had to find replacements about 20 years ago. As I recall I found the company that MacIntosh used for the rubber feet was somewhere near Pittsburg, PA. I was able to purchase the feet directly from them. I will have to see if I still have that information somewhere.

7. serta1

serta1 New Member

Bruce Plastics in Pittsburgh at one time made the feet for the McIntosh products. When I bought my MA6100 and MR77 they were missing the feet. I was able to get them directly from Bruce. Part number 0944-0014. This was about 25 years ago.

100_3527.jpg

John James likes this.