McIntosh gear

Brian

An Old Geezer
How many run McIntosh?

I've owned McIntosh for some 30 years and there are two who recently have acquired pieces. Just curious who else runs McIntosh equipment and what components?

McIntosh

Brian:

System 1: MC 2255, C 32, MR 75, MCD 7010

System 2: MA 6200, MAC 1900 ( tuner section )

For what's it's worth:

System 3: Fisher 500C

In the wings and waiting:

Marantz 2270, 2238B, 115B

Harman Kardon 730

atugue

Mcd 7007 cd

I own a McIntosh MCD 7007 cd player, and am satisfied with it rugged looks, and the quality of sound. I also owned a 2105 amp (I called it the miniMac) and I dearly miss this audio equipment (sold it years ago for Jeep buildup).

Atuque, you did not tell me you also had a 500C. Pull the 1900 and go from the tape out of the 500 to the 6200 and give a listen.

Brian:

I never thought of using the 500C with the MA 6200.

However, pulling the Fisher out is no easy task; it's in one of those places where once it's in you don't want to take it out.

You're balancing the Fisher with one hand, holding all the cables with the other, and the screwdriver is between your teeth.

And by the way

What ever happened to the MC 2505 that Grumpy was rebuilding?

atuque

The 2205 I am messing around with is still sitting waiting for a Preamp to mate with it. Not to mention a Tuner and a pair of speakers. I am still trying to figure out if I even wanna keep it or send it to a new loving home.

grumpy

Tuner / Preamp

Grumpy:

Just a thought; why not a McIntosh MX 113 tuner / preamp

My brother uses one with his MC 2125.

I would like to own one also.

It would solve the tuner - preamp problem.

atuque

atuque

The 113 is exactly what I was looking at. I was not a happy camper when one sold cheaply in my neck of the woods on Ebay and I missed it. No funds can do that to you. Right now I have too many systems so the Mac has taken a back seat. I like the 2205 allot. Is it the be all end all amp for me ? I doubt it and am weighting buying a SS tuner/amp to pair with it. What I would really like is a Musical Fidelity Amp and a Pair of Rogers speakers. I just dont have the room anymore for a 100 pound amp. Once my kids are gone then I can go for some Patricians and a nice fisher X1000 again ;)

Grumpy

McIntosh 2205

Grumpy,

I just read that you might be thinking about selling your 2205. If you get a chance, e-mail me with the price you have in mind. I also have a few vintage pieces that I would trade. BTW, I tried to e-mail you, but couldn't get through.

Thanks,
Pat

I have been running a Mac/1900 through a pair of Altec Valencia Home version of the VOT speakers for 29 years & counting.

Before that I had a Fisher

Still dreaming of Mac separates though, and probably always will.

Happy Listening!

~Shadow~

Pat

I am still deciding what I wish to do with the Mac. Once i make up my mind I will shoot you an Email. I dont know why you could not Email me as I receive lots of Email from the board. Try this address

imgrumpyerr@comcast.net

Or just click on my profile and send an Email through there.

Grumpy

Actually, a pretty good representation of the margue. Interesting to see that the most numerous is the C28 and 1900 with 2 each.
Let's see by type:
MC250 and MC2105 (mine)
MC2205
MC2255
So by type it looks like the power amps win.

2 receivers
3 preamps
2 tuners
1 tuner/preamp
1 integrated
2 cd players
I seem to be the only 1 running a tube unit.

That's a rather good representation and better than I'd thought the result would be.

Also, interesting to note that 2 of us have Fisher 500-Cs in 3rd level systems, just behind McIntosh. How many others use 500-C/800s in either main, 2nd or 3rd systems?

If I ever get my 500-c up and running again, it will be right next to the G-22000, so I guess depending on which unit is on it is my first or second system. Though when in the bedroom, then the SX-750 is the first system as it usually does all the "dirty" work:smsex:

Mac is the computer Mc is the audio company. It is confusing for those who can not spell McIntosh and MacIntosh. Thatch, your'e the first person I've heard from who has not had problems with MS Windows. See, never too old to experience something new.

Last night I went to the Royal York Hotel for a dinner hosted by the Director-General of Taiwan. As I stood in the foray amongst a small crowd, Queen Elizabeth and Prince Charles walked by close enough to touch (no, I didn't).

2 equally interesting experiences in 2 days.

Wow Brian think Thatch's attempt at humour went over your head. I'm pretty certain that Mr. Thatcher knows exactly what Mc was referred to in this thread.

Mike

I understood, I am only pullg his chain :). Well, all except seeing the Queen, that's true.

Back
Top Bottom