McIntosh has a $1,800... clock. (MCLK12)

McIntosh wants to make some money. They won't sell too many, they know this, so they are selling it at 1700% profit.

10 Most Expensive Watch Brands in the World
Home » Fashion » Accessories

By Lopa Mohanty | May 7, 2014
10-Most-Expensive-Watch-Brands-in-the-World.png

This Mother’s Day, if you’re planning to buy a special gift, then a watch can be probably an ideal gift. While watches were invented with an intention to only see the time, it eventually graduated to become one of the most key style elements. Not just in this era, but history can give you an array of evidences on how luxury watches used to adorn the royal jewels, the best example being the Faberge egg. Luxury womens watches have become a fad after all the Bollywood celebrities after started endorsing the brand.

Did you know?

There are watches that are expensive than a Ferrari. Just like the Patek Caliber 89 which costs $5,120,000.

We will talk about world’s most expensive watches in other post, for the time let’s focus on 10 most expensive watch brands in the world.

most-expensive-women-watch-brands.jpg

Source: alux.com

1.Richard Mille Caliber RM 019 Celtic Knot Tourbillon Watch

Price – $465,000

The Richard Mille Caliber RM 019 Celtic Knot Tourbillon Watch, priced at $465,000, is the world’s most expensive ladies watch. The complex watch comes with a case made of white gold that weighs 18 karats with a measurement of 45 millimeters by 38.2 millimeters by 12.25 millimeters. The opulent women’s watch features a skeleton dial and black alligator band along-wits manual movement and power reserve indicator.

The function of the watch features a manual winding tourbillon movement with hours and minutes. The watch was created after numerous requests for a tourbillon watch for women.

After the creation of this most expensive watch, the male timepiece connoisseurs had asked the manufacturer, Richard Mille to create a man’s watch of the same knot model. The name of the watch was taken from the attention grabbing knot that is studded with diamonds which incorporates itself throughout the various parts of the watch’s movement.

The base plate of the watch is made out of black onyx. This stone is widely believed to have the power to deflect harmful energy and channel the same back to earth. It therefore is believed to provide a lot of good luck and stability to the user of the watch. The side of the black onyx on the base plate features the end stone bridge of the watch’s tour billon. This end stone bridge has been engraved with a Celtic triquetra knot. What have you got to say about this most expensive watch in the world?

Richard-Mille-Caliber-RM-019-Celtic-Knot-Tourbillon-Watch.png

Source: thewristwatcher.us

2. Patek Philippe Twenty – 4 Watch

Price – $285,500

This is the next most expensive women’s watch in the world. This medium sized dress watch comes with quartz movement and E 15 caliber.

The entire watch is fully set with diamonds and its case is made of white gold of 18 karats. It has hours and minutes functions and is water resistant up to a distance of 30 meters and measures 25 millimeters by 30 millimeters. It has a pave dial and the crown is set with one diamond that weighs .05 carats.

The most expensive watches are mostly seen worn by celebrities at big gala nights and events. While the paparazzi are waiting to capture any possible moment, the celebrities have to make sure they all their clothes, accessories and hair in place.

patek-philippe-twenty-4-white-gold.jpg

Source: patek.com

3. Cartier La Dona Watch

Price – $137,000

Carter is another watch brand that belongs to the list of most expensive watch brands. Talking about Cartier La Dona Watch, this branded watch comes with white gold case of 18 karats. The bracelet is also set in white gold. The case is polished solid and measures 27 millimeters by 29 millimeters. This dress watch has quartz movement and hours and minutes functions.

Cartier-La-Dona-Watch.png

Source: watchunit.net

4. Cartier Pasha de Cartier Small Model Watch

Price – $123,000

Didn’t we already tell you about this brand falling under the most expensive watch brands? So here’s another most expensive watch by Cartier.

The Cartier is famed of manufacturing watches in white gold encrypted with diamonds. The case of Pasha de Cartier Small Model Watch measures 32 millimeters with thickness of 8.8 millimeters and is set with round cut diamonds. This dress watch has quartz movement and hours and minutes functions. It has a silver dial and it is water resistant up to a distance of 30 meters.

cartier-pasha-de-cartier-small-model-watch.jpg

Source: luxurytime.com

5. Parmigiani Fleurier Toric Retrograde Perpetual Calendar Watch

Price – $116,800

Another watch that falls in the category of most expensive watches, is the Parmigiani Fleurier watch.

This Parmigiani Fleurier watch is a classic piece, whose major highlights include diamonds and the hands, which are flanked by moon and stars.

Its case is made of white gold that weighs up to 18 karats and measures around 40.5 millimeters.

This complicated dress watch has automatic movement and hours, minutes and seconds functions. The precision watch features a perpetual calendar with aperture, moon phase, retrograde date, month and leap year. It is also water resistant up to a distance of 30 meters.

A white band contrasts the blue dial. It also has a leather strap. Probably it was created, keeping the Bond Girl in mind as it suits only beauty with brains.

Parmigiani-Fleurier-Toric-Retrograde-Perpetual-Calendar-Watch.png

Source: ealuxe.com

6. Rolex Datejust Ladies Watch

Price – $109,350

Now who does not know about the worlds most expensive watch brand, Rolex? Drooling already? Wait wait!

This Rolex ladies luxury watch comes with a case made of white gold that weighs 18 karats. The case is also set with diamonds and features a pave case and dial with an oyster karat bracelet.

This dress watch features automatic movement and has hours, minutes and seconds functions.

rolex-datejust-ladies-watch.jpg

Source: therichest.com

7. Cartier Ballon Bleu Small Model Watch

Price – $106,000

The Cartier Ballon Bleu Small Model Watch is also made of white gold weighing up to 18 karats. The gold case measures 28.5 millimeters and is set with round cut diamonds. The watch has a quartz function with hours and minutes functions. This dress watch has a silver opaline dial. It is water resistant up to a distance of 30 meters.

This watch falls under the category of celebrity watches. Many leading Hollywood celebrities and the Duchess of Cambridge, Kate Middleton herself has been spotted wearing this most expensive watch at various public appearances.

cartier-ballon-bleu-small-model-watch.jpg

Source: cartier.com

8. Cartier Tank Francaise Small Model Watch

Price – $105,000

This Cartier Tank women’s watch is enveloped in a case made of white gold weighing up to 18 karats. This gold case along-with the bracelet is accentuated with round cut diamonds. The crown, which is octagonal in shape, is also decorated with a diamond.

[Also Read: Most Expensive Handbag]

The watch has a silver grained dial and Roman numeral hour markers. The time piece features a quartz function and hours and minutes functions. The blued steel hands are shaped like swords. This watch is water resistant up to a distance of 30 meters or 100 feet. This is one of the top womens watch brands and a favorite too.

cartier-tank-francaise-small-model-watch.jpg

9. Cartier Tank Americaine Small Model Watch

Price – $101,000

Next among the luxury watches for women is this Cartier Tank watch that is enveloped in a case made of white gold weighing up to 18 karats. It measures 34.8 millimeters by 19 millimeters and has a thickness of 6.32 millimeters.

The entire case is flanked by round cut diamonds. The crown is octagonal in shape and is also adorned with a diamond. This glamorous watch has quartz functions and hours and minutes functions.

cartier-tank-americaine-small-model-watch.jpg

10. Patek Philippe Ladies Complicated Watch

Price – $98,000

One of the luxury women’s watch brands is the Patek Philippe Ladies Complicated Watch that features a mechanical manual winding movement. This luxe watch is encrypted with a case made of rose gold weighing up to 18 karats.

The watch also features a chronograph along-with hours, minutes and seconds functions. The silvery white opaline dial has brown painted hour markers and alligator band. Alternatively, the user can also order one with black dial with guilloched.

Patek-Philippe-Ladies-Complicated-Watch.png

Source: pinterest.com

Which worlds most expensive watch has caught your eye? Isn’t it clear that Cartier has so many expensive watches in its kitty. Hope you enjoyed this post on 10 most expensive watch brands in the world!

I happen to love Mac gear, I think the clock is cool but, really? I think Mac is taking advantage of the choir. IMO YMMV:idea::crazy:
I have no Mac gear in my lineup and an $1800 clock I would likely be wearing across my head once my wife found out about it. That said, I would be surprised if McIntosh hadn't invested considerably more time and resources on this thing then many here are giving it credit for, knowing the lengths they go to for their other gear. Their name which usually is considered synonymous for quality is always on the line and It would be a really dumb business decision for a company with such a reputation to have thrown this thing together without the same quality level expected for everything else they make, particularly at this price point. Is it worth it? To some definitely. Not for me of course, but I am more of a Casio guy when it comes to my timekeeping requirements.

if i owned mac gear and this clock was digital, ( light blue background, dark blue numbers ) i would totally consider it. for me personally, with my eye sight starting to fade, (unless those meters are gigantic) - i don't think i could read them that easily. it would be really cool if it was linked to your components and the clock could switch to track number when playing music, and or give you your homes internal temperature around the unit..... not being critical, but it would be nice if it functioned as something else besides just a clock. just a thought. peace, and happy friday people ec

So, I'm at my local McIntosh dealer with my $350,000 limit credit card(s) I tell the salesperson... Yeah, I'll take a couple of those 2,000 watt amps and the top of the line pre, turntable, disc player and whatever else you recommend. What's the best speaker McIntosh makes? Oh, OK, throw a pair of those in too. Hey, that's kind of cute, that clock. Only $1,800 bucks? Yeah, what the hell throw that in too.

So, I'm at my local McIntosh dealer with my $350,000 limit credit card(s) I tell the salesperson... Yeah, I'll take a couple of those 2,000 watt amps and the top of the line pre, turntable, disc player and whatever else you recommend. What's the best speaker McIntosh makes? Oh, OK, throw a pair of those in too. Hey, that's kind of cute, that clock. Only $1,800 bucks? Yeah, what the hell throw that in too.

I daresay after buying that lot, the dealer would be more than happy to "throw in" the clock (or two) - with his compliments. :)

honestly, if i had money to spend on gear like that, i would not give a flying $&*( what time it was.

I daresay after buying that lot, the dealer would be more than happy to "throw in" the clock (or two) - with his compliments. :)
Yep, when I'm buying mac at a dealer and spending $6000-$10,000 on gear I'm going to get $300 and up perks for free, that's just how it is. Hell even after that they tend to give you other mac nick knacks.

But I don't expect 90% of the posters in this thread to know that.

If you're spending several hundred k on a system chances are your house has a lot of rooms:idea:

Well at 15 rooms that would be $27K worth of clocks at full retail.

On a MSRP purchase of $200K, I'd say they'd have no problem with that whatsoever.

honestly, if i had money to spend on gear like that, i would not give a flying $&*( what time it was.

Yeah right, Your life runs on the time of day. Even if your a rich Playboy your still going to use a clock every day of your life.

...and you missed the point too. Spending $1800 bucks is a drop-in the bucket when your spending that kind of money. Mac knows those are the people that will buy that clock not the poor man that spends $8,000 (or less) on an amp or $5,000 on a pre (or less) or $3,000 on a tuner (or less) Like I did.

Maybe...

or maybe not.

A guess on your part.

I spent a lowly $5,100 for my first new Mac amp. Same dealer three years later, I was quoted full retail for a new MC452 (no deal like the first time.) This was the owner both times. I didn't understand why. I thought I was a loyal customer. I said bye, bye and found a better deal else where. That proved to me, you just never know about some dealers.

Last edited:
Maybe...

or maybe not.

A guess on your part.

I spent a lowly $5,100 for my first new Mac amp. Same dealer three years later, I was quoted full retail for a new MC452 (no deal like the first time.) This was the owner both times. I didn't understand why. I thought I was a loyal customer. I said bye, bye and found a better deal else where. That proved to me, you just never know about some dealers.

It is more than just a guess: If you compute the discount off MSRP you received on your MC452 and apply that same percentage to $200,000 (you do not have to reveal the figures), I would find it extremely difficult to believe the resulting difference is under $1,800, or even $3,600.

One thing which is clear is that you explored your options to your advantage - and rightly so.

Regardless, the purchase of new McIntosh equipment is out of my league entirely.

Congratulations on your new MC452. It'll probably be the last amplifier you will ever need.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom