1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

McIntosh - Hints & Kinks Part II

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by Mike Gibson, Dec 7, 2013.

1. AlTinkster92

AlTinkster92 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Tcomisky, I finally got new bulbs from Mcintosh, how does one remove that bulb and replace it on the MX114? Thanks AL (Dial indicator)

Last edited: Jan 18, 2017

Please register to disable this ad.

2. eiraved

eiraved AK Subscriber Subscriber

Invite your two grown sons over when deciding to relocate your MC2500...:naughty:

DGMCalgary likes this.
  3. ColonelKurtz

ColonelKurtz Are my methods unsound?

Can anyone tell me where the Mac 4300V speaker relays are? Can't even find them in the schematic... Thanks

4. dewickt

dewickt Will fix about Anything

Relays are on the "Output Processing and Power Supply " section 13 page 45 of the service manual.

ColonelKurtz likes this.
  5. lordgarth

lordgarth AK Subscriber Subscriber

Hi Terry, My Mc225 has static on the right channel only on initial start up. I've tested the tube & also tried another tube, same problem Any idea on where to start?, thanks.

6. Flhrich

Flhrich AK Subscriber Subscriber

so, after reading all theses "Hints and Kinks" pages...im going into McIntosh Information withdrawal, not seeing anything since Nov 2017.

On a serious note, these pages were really helpful and enlightening. Need more !!

Thank you Terry, for starting this thread and sharing your wealth of knowledge with us.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. chazix

chazix AK Subscriber Subscriber

I had the first RF amp (Q2, Mac part number 132-097) fail in my MR77, and it took a little fuss to find a suitable replacement, so I thought I might drop a line here.

The part is an N-channel JFET, and the voltages on the schematic suggest that its Idss should be about 10mA. Mac semiconductor data on the web says 2N5245 is suitable, but those don't seem to be available any longer from first-tier suppliers. I can't remember what led me to 2N5486, but Mouser still has some of those (not many!) from Central Semi, and it worked just fine. DC bias looked good, it tuned up well, and sensitivity is back to original. I think the 2N5486 pinout is the mirror of the original - not a problem, just something to be aware of at install time.

Cheers,

chazix