Mcintosh Ma 7900.

I was sorry, but I had a difficult day. Just say that after testing with Nordost qv2 and qk1, I did not make any difference in my system. Even though the power supply I made is very good, the local salesman told me. Have you ever tried it?

When I started at MCINTOSH I spent almost 2 years in charge of parts in the warehouse. I got to work with the legends that started the company. I then took the job in the Transformer department.Sidney Corderman was coming out with the Mc2000 tube amp at the time Beautiful gold chassis.since then I took the job of tar Potter when Paul retired.I work in other departments some times.I got to help build the Huge XR290 speakers.And since then have listened and given my input on lots of new designs.Some that didn't make it to production.Great stuff.Legendary.

Last edited:
When I started at MCINTOSH I spent almost 2 years in charge of parts in the warehouse. I got to work with the legends that started the company. I then took the job in the Transformer department.Sidney Corderman was coming out with the Mc2000 tube amp at the time Beautiful gold chassis.since then I took the job of tar Potter when Paul retired.I work in other departments some times.I got to help build the Huge Mc290 speakers.And since then have listened and given my input on lots of new designs.Some that didn't make it to production.Great stuff.Legendary.

Jimimac,
What year did you start building XR290s? Mine are 1992s.

You have an awesome pair of speakers there.I remember hearing them at Tweeters in Charlotte N.C. It was towards the end of the run that I started there.

You have an awesome pair of speakers there.I remember hearing them at Tweeters in Charlotte N.C. It was towards the end of the run that I started there.
Thanks they just keep getting better. Any idea how many pairs were made? I spent a good three years waiting to find a pair for sale.

I wish I could get the gold plaque with my name engraved. The original owner never sent in for his. I need to call parts to see if they still have any.

When I started at MCINTOSH I spent almost 2 years in charge of parts in the warehouse. I got to work with the legends that started the company. I then took the job in the Transformer department.Sidney Corderman was coming out with the Mc2000 tube amp at the time Beautiful gold chassis.since then I took the job of tar Potter when Paul retired.I work in other departments some times.I got to help build the Huge XR290 speakers.And since then have listened and given my input on lots of new designs.Some that didn't make it to production.Great stuff.Legendary.
Hey jimmy are these you arms? Visited the mcintosh factory in 2014 amazing experience:beerchug:
219815C9-7C83-4773-9D26-6F1870957D31.jpeg

Oh sorry we Hijacked the MA7900 thread.Great integrated.Has Auto formers.Rated at A conservative 200 watts per side.I owned A MA6500.

jimimac how do you see setup Mcintosh MA 7900 and Sonus Faber Olympica 2? Do you think it has the power to play them very well?

First I think there Beautiful speakers.there rated to take up to 250 watts.Your MA does that easily.Near perfect match.Work with placement and you have A perfect match.

.. since I do not have the ability to rack, what material do you think is best to use it as a platform to push my amplifier? Now I use mdf wood platform. Is it good support?

Now I use this base (DYI) from a double 2.5 cm thick MDF and in the middle a plate of steel, it is a type of sandwich. I think it does quite well. From your experience at Mcintosh, can you suggest some other material that could give even better support to deliver better?

Attachments

• 20171124_110737.jpg
    20171124_110737.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 29
  • 20171124_105825.jpg
    20171124_105825.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 28
Looks great to me. I think it would work quite well.
It works Joinid, the same way in the power supply and the phono preamplifier, which is also based on the wall (hard cement). In my speeches I did what appears in the photo I attach. Support brackets are made of steel, also DYI.

Please if I am off topic to let me know by the administrators.

Attachments

• 20171125_135852.jpg
    20171125_135852.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 15
This is your thread, Ask your questions and do not worry.

The speaker supports looks like they would offer good separation from the floor. Nice system.

It works Joinid, the same way in the power supply and the phono preamplifier, which is also based on the wall (hard cement). In my speeches I did what appears in the photo I attach. Support brackets are made of steel, also DYI.

Please if I am off topic to let me know by the administrators.

I would also like to add that because I strongly believe in the correct power supply, I made a dedicated power supply line with Gigawatt, 3x4 "from the power meter of my home, (Photo), and plug it out oyaide c079: http://www.oyaide.com/ENGLISH/AUDIO/products_category/power_plugs_iec_connectors/pg472.html, and I connect it to the multi-stream of my machines. With this I made and more grounding in my garden, and the measurement shows 0.90 ohm. We believed Joeinid, worked all well!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom