1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

mcintosh MA252 vs MA5300

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by Anup Roy, Jul 6, 2018.

?

Which one ? MA252 or MA5300 or MA5200

1. MA252

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  2. MA5300

1 vote(s)
    50.0%
  1. Anup Roy

Anup Roy New Member

My question is which one should I get? I am stuck between MA252 and MA5300. I already have a auralic vega DAC. http://www.theabsolutesound.com/articles/auralic-vega-digital-audio-processor-1/. I may sell my DAC for some money and get the MA5300. So price wise its kinda similar for me. But from sound perspective which will be better? I have quad 23L speakers. And is there a way I can drive my sub too ( velodyne 10) in the MA5300? I listen to bollywood mostly ( which is a mix of all genres), country and modern pop. I like warm music and not much of a fan of treble ( or sharp music).

Please register to disable this ad.

2. Max77

Max77 AK Subscriber Subscriber

I haven't heard either, but I am a fan of a tube pre w/SS amp, also of having an outboard DAC. The 5300 offers you more inputs if you need those and of course the onboard DAC along with a more common form factor.