McIntosh MA6800/6850 users.

Can anybody give me feedback on this unit. I just bought one after selling my LSA Hybrid integrated amp. I bought this without hearing it or any other MAC amps. What can I expect? Do you use upgraded power cords? Should I plug it into a power conditioner or right to the wall?

Can anybody give me feedback on this unit. I just bought one after selling my LSA Hybrid integrated amp. I bought this without hearing it or any other MAC amps. What can I expect? Do you use upgraded power cords? Should I plug it into a power conditioner or right to the wall?

I'll jump in just because I've looked for one of these from time to time. From my research, these are very highly regarded and hard to find. They don't last long on the used market. Personally, I would go for the MA6800 to get the phono preamp and headphone jack. The two models kind of follow the MA6400 and MA6450 in features but the smaller ones don't have the autoformers. I think both the MA6800 and MA6850 both have the variable loudness which they ditched with the MA6900 (loudness on/off only). I've never read anything bad about how they sound. I think you made a good choice. Enjoy!:thmbsp:

What is a good price for a mint condition 6850? I want to see if I got a good deal. It will be here Friday. SO I can not wait to see and hear it. It will be interesting to compare it to my old LSA Integrated tube Hybrid.

What is a good price for a mint condition 6850? I want to see if I got a good deal. It will be here Friday. SO I can not wait to see and hear it. It will be interesting to compare it to my old LSA Integrated tube Hybrid.

No idea really as I haven't seen many around for sale. One just sold on Audiogon for around $1650. If that's you, I think you got a good deal.

That is me. I could of got the MA6500 from a local dealer for $2200.00 but I thought this one was a better choice. Would you agree?

Should I plug direct into the wall of thru my conditioner? Will a good power cable like a PS audio be a good match?

I use a PS Audio Ultimate outlet and a juicebar. As for a power cable, I'd see how you like what it comes with and then try something else if you want. You might want to do a search of the forum and see what others have used.

Back
Top Bottom