McIntosh MAC1900 Assistance

vinylubber

I just received a wood enclosure for this unit. The seller included two screws that look like wood screws and are not same thread size as holes on bottom of receiver. Does anyone know what the thread size of this unit??

That case could be the wrong case for your MAC1900. It may be correct but without the dimensions or a better picture it would be simply conjecture.

Those surely are the wrong screws.....the receiver accepts SAE machine thread screws not the wood screws shown. They might be 10-24s but that is just a guess.

Do the holes in the cabinet line up with the receivers 4 screw holes.....you will need to remove the attached feet.

In the McIntosh forum there is a compendium which might have more cabinet info. I did check the compedium....there is a file with pictures under the L19wlv headig but no dimensions.

If you need dimensions you will find more members with 1900s in the dedicated Mac forum.

Last edited:
I do not have a MAC1900 handy to check the length of the original screws so you might ask in the Mac forum to see if someone can check theirs.

Nearly positive they,re 8-32 . Not sure the length though. You,d want them to fully catch the threaded insert in the bottom cover and not protrude enough to touch anything inside. You can dry fit a few known machine screws to verify. They are clearly machine screws. If you got wood screws, they're wrong.

Back
Top Bottom