McIntosh MC2105 inbound

rollcentre

Boom-tizzz
Hey AK friends, I found a MC2105 power amp on that auction site. I ended up being a high bidder on it, paid for it, and now it's mine- my first piece of Mac audio gear. Please wish me luck on its safe and timely arrival! The pacing and nail biting begins now!

Thanks jbailey930, It will arrive Saturday. It will be a long 2 days.

Feedback from the seller revealed that he shipped a Mac 2500 amp that was packed very well and arrived safely. I will let you guys know how my 2105 has fared.

Well, my friends, it made it! I was scared looking at the box, a corner was bashed in pretty good. Only single boxed, and white styrofoam with bubble wrap around the amp. Not really enough IMHO. I feel like I got lucky. It went FedEx ground/home delivery. SoCal to Dallas tx.

I don't have a preamp here, so I'm testing it out with a tape deck. It seems to be working pretty well. It sounds great so far. The left VU meter is a bit dodgy at times, but overall I think I scored!

image.jpg

Wow, you got lucky on the shipping, since that's a heavy beast for a single box, bubble wrap and peanuts. The meter can be fixed, or it could be a loose solder joint of bad connection. It's definitely an amp to have a maintenance check on, quite easy to access for parts, but a beast to move. I've had two of them. The safest method to ship is with the glass off. It's a great sounding amp--well done!

65 lbs plus packaging weight. That's pretty impressive. What I would do there is just get a toilet box, which has handles and is double- or triple-walled, and then get some sheet insulation from Home Depot and some old towels or sheets at an estate sale. That should protect it pretty well, and it's a lot cheaper than other options.

Back
Top Bottom