Mcintosh MC30 Prices?

rs732

Sometimes,I see these being sold individually on ebay for affordable prices $750-850 is this a rare occurrence or does that about right for a decent condition mc30?

Is a $1500 budget reasonable for a pair of MC 30's?

Depends on your definition of decent. Cosmetically pretty good and ready to play, I’d expect closer to 3K a pair.

3K is too high that is approaching MC60 territory. MC225 sell for around 2500.00-3000.00 which is in a single chassis and many believe is best sonically. I would venture that a pr. of MC30 are values slightly less than MC225. So somewhere in the 2000-2500.00 range for a pair...

Fully reconditioned to spec with 8/10 cosmetics or better will be in the neighborhood of $3K for a pair or better. Keep in mind, very few MC30s have survived to that level of condition.

More average examples in unknown electronic condition or needing refurbishment - $1,500 pr seems to be around the going rate.

If I was looking to get into a McIntosh tube amp, the MC30s would be at the top of my list. Nice size, cheap output tubes, classic look, and great sound too.

If I was looking to get into a McIntosh tube amp, the MC30s would be at the top of my list. Nice size, cheap output tubes, classic look, and great sound too.
I'd agree, a good percentage of survivors available. The single chassis alternatives in class include the MC225 (tho the 7591A output tubes are less commonly available), and of course, the Marantz 8/ 8B with EL34/ 6CA7 outputs. As long as there are guitar amps, there will be 6L6GC and EL34 /6CA7.

Back
Top Bottom