McIntosh MC7106 Amplifier faceplate removal and bulb replacement

sfseay

Can anyone help me with some instructions on the best way to remove the faceplate to replace some burned out bulbs? Part numbers for the bulbs and a good supplier would also be nice.

Any tips for the best way to do this procedure would be helpful too!

Thanks in advance

Can anyone help me with some instructions on the best way to remove the faceplate to replace some burned out bulbs? Part numbers for the bulbs and a good supplier would also be nice.

Any tips for the best way to do this procedure would be helpful too!

Thanks in advance

Anybody? Faceplate removal?

There are many past threads telling how you remove the glass frame with the glass intact. Top and bottom covers and knobs come off, the screws holding the frame to the chassis sides and bottom come out so you can slide the glass towards you.

Search function can get you more details as well as hoe to seperate the frame to get the glass out if needed.

There are many past threads telling how you remove the glass frame with the glass intact. Top and bottom covers and knobs come off, the screws holding the frame to the chassis sides and bottom come out so you can slide the glass towards you.

Search function can get you more details as well as hoe to seperate the frame to get the glass out if needed.
Found a thread that answered my questions. Not sure how I missed this with my original search. Thanks

Are the bulbs soldered in or push into socket? Not sure on the state of bulbs in my MC7106 yet.
They are soldered in. There is a good thread on disassembling the 7106 and replacing the bulbs. I ordered new bulbs off Amazon and will replace them next weekend

They are soldered in. There is a good thread on disassembling the 7106 and replacing the bulbs. I ordered new bulbs off Amazon and will replace them next weekend

Sfseay,

Can you point me to the thread? I have to do the same rework?

I sold the amp without changing out the bulbs. Search this forum with the words "Got my MC7106 today. Bulb question." There is a pretty good overview

I sold the amp without changing out the bulbs. Search this forum with the words "Got my MC7106 today. Bulb question." There is a pretty good overview

Great Thank you! So far I am pleased with sound of mine.

What drove you to flip yours?

I had it in my listening room and it is only 11'x15'. Too big and don't need that much power. I bought it, a C39, an MR7803 tuner and a pair of Martin Logan speakers as a package. Selling the Mac stuff and keeping the speakers. I have a C48 preamp I'll keep.

Back
Top Bottom