McIntosh MCD7007 headphone input problem

Defcon99

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
Dear Sirs,

My headphone jack is playing only on left channel, however if I unplug jack sound briefly comes out the right channel. Same pattern with multiple headphones. Everything else working great on the unit. Don’t really use this feature but would like to fix it if something simple.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Your right channel headphone out will need repair. When you pull the TRS headphone jack out the right channel will briefly get signal from the left channel connection.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Your right channel headphone out will need repair. When you pull the TRS headphone jack out the right channel will briefly get
Your right channel headphone out will need repair. When you pull the TRS headphone jack out the right channel will briefly get signal from the left channel connection.

Thanks,
Ron-C

Thanks Ron. I appreciate your response. I’ve been out of pocket for a while and missed your reply. I think I will just leave it. Not sure why a CD player has a headphone jack. I think these were designed to hook directly to an amp.

Thanks again,

David

Dear Sirs,

My headphone jack is playing only on left channel, however if I unplug jack sound briefly comes out the right channel. Same pattern with multiple headphones. Everything else working great on the unit. Don’t really use this feature but would like to fix it if something simple.

Thank you in advance for your help.
Hello,

Have the same problem with mine. Found out that the pots for the headphone level were going flaky.

All McIntosh CD players except the MCD205 have a built-in headphone amp and the ability to run directly to a power amp. Comes in handy if your preamp isn't working. And some people think the sound quality is actually better when bypassing a separate preamp.

All McIntosh CD players except the MCD205 have a built-in headphone amp and the ability to run directly to a power amp. Comes in handy if your preamp isn't working. And some people think the sound quality is actually better when bypassing a separate preamp.
thanks Jayvis. are you referring to the variable output connection which allows you to use volume control directly from the cd player? It makes sense that bypassing a preamp could possibly provide better sound. I will check the built-in headphone amp next time I get inside.

Back
Top Bottom