McIntosh MI-350 to be sold

EicoAF4

Hello, I have an elderly friend who owns a McIntosh MI-350 mono amplifier. It's an asset from from a closed family business. It was last powered up ~10 years ago. We pulled it from his shop today and it needs detail cleaning.
There is a pair on the auction site for ~$60K.
What dollar value is realistic for this rare tube amp?

Hello, I have an elderly friend who owns a McIntosh MI-350 mono amplifier. It's an asset from from a closed family business. It was last powered up ~10 years ago. We pulled it from his shop today and it needs detail cleaning.
There is a pair on the auction site for ~$60K.
What dollar value is realistic for this rare tube amp?
A single with the likelihood of requiring a complete electrical restoration - $3,500 to $5k. The $60k amps have been for sale on and off for years now ... Pure fantasy.

Cool, thanks. Good thing you live in Maine! My air-conditioning bill would explode!

Ha...yes, this unit does produce some heat, especially if you had two of them for stereo. Not to mention the electric bill. The first time I turned this on, it popped the breaker on my variac! It's really overkill for home use. This is a commercial amp intended for theater, huge concert halls, etc. That's not to say I wouldn't want to have a pair of these!! Looking at the photos, I really like the layout of the circuitry. Easy to trace and troubleshoot. This sort of wiring is typical of the vintage McIntosh amps.

A single with the likelihood of requiring a complete electrical restoration - $3,500 to $5k. The $60k amps have been for sale on and off for years now ... Pure fantasy.

This thread is 1.5 years old and that pair of MI-350's is still on ebay for $60k. OP was a one post wonder.

Seller really doesn't want to sell. I asked a customer of mine if he would sell me a certain unit. No, he said, it's not for sale. I replied, EVERYTHING is for sale for a price, so indeed, he uttered an outrageous price. This Mac falls under that same condition - seller really doesn't want to sell. These macs go for around 5K each if he's lucky!

Seller really doesn't want to sell. I asked a customer of mine if he would sell me a certain unit. No, he said, it's not for sale. I replied, EVERYTHING is for sale for a price, so indeed, he uttered an outrageous price. This Mac falls under that same condition - seller really doesn't want to sell. These macs go for around 5K each if he's lucky!
I did that with a Pioneer SX-1980 and someone took it. They go for 50/100% more these days, so, who knows.

Back
Top Bottom