Mcintosh p153 & p155

cocovinyl176

Happy new yr. I have been trying to find information on the McIntosh pre/amp p153 & p155...but have come up empty. Can any of your shed a bit of information regarding the two? much appreciated.

Near as I can tell these products are made by I. T. Verdin Company, manufacturer of institutional outdoor clocks, church bells and electronic carillons using McIntosh transformers and other components.

These units not suitable for audio.

Last edited:
thank you for your reply. So, it's only the transformers, not chassis and it wouldn't be suitable to for audio meaning it's garbage audibly? is there any fancy for these units, are they desirable at all?

More of a curiosity piece than anything else, not so much desirability otherwise. I believe frequency response is intentionally cut off below a certain point of the audio range as well.

Value primarily as a parts donor assuming the transformers are identical to those used in McIntosh's standard line of audio products and that they have not been modified or altered. (I would not think so.)

There were also solid state Verdin-McIntosh products as well

Last edited:
Do the transformers have a part number? The chassis can always be rewired into an excellent amp if the transformers match an amp that Mc sold.

Edit:
Power transformer is a M211 which is the same as a MC-75 output is a 043-381 which a can't find any info on.

More info:
The I.T. Verdin Company. McIntosh made two amplifiers for Verdin that I am aware of: The P-153 which is a 100 watt mono tube amplifier. It uses the same power transformer as the MC-75. The output transformer has 70v and 16 ohm connections. The output tubes are a quad of 8417's. I have one and hope to find a match to it some day.
IT Verdin P153.png
p153.png

Last edited:
Actually these are very nice for audio. I rewired the transformers to run as conventional straight pentode and ran a Williamson front end.

Back
Top Bottom