McIntosh product placement on "Elementary" last night

Luxlover

Did anyone see and notice the McIntosh equipment on last night's "Elementary" TV show? It looks awsome with some really expensive looking speakers. I would like to know if anyone can identify for me what was in the rack and what speakers were being used.

Lux

When scene began, I was wondering wtf did sound engineer miss, but then was slapped in the eyes by Mc gear.
I immediately thought B&W when he squatted by the stereo.

Squatted by the stereo?

(jeez ... Must not be a Mac fan ... hope he remembered to wipe.)

mcintosh-elementary.jpg

My guesses ...

- MT10 turntable
- MR 88 tuner
- MCD1100 SACD

Must be using headphones ... I didna spot any amps or speakers.

Missed the show, so just going by what was in the pic.

:worthless

MT10
Mcintosh-Turntable.jpg

MR88
Mc-tuner-front.jpg

MCD1100
MCD1100_Angle.jpg

Wish I would have seen that, heard about it and it interested me but my TV's rarely on.

I'd love to own some Mac gear, probably wont ever bother to afford to. Classic McIntosh pieces are beautiful, but I think the marketing department may be getting too much say in aesthetics now a days. That TT especially is bordering on hideous its so over the top.

Always cool to see audiophile gear getting attention on TV and in movies. I've been meaning to watch more of BBC's Luther because I noticed an AR or Thorens TT in the back but never did see what it was connected to, bet its British...not a bad show either.

I had the show on but wasn't really focused on it as the scene was right after a commercial break. As in, wasn't focused until I saw that big Mac faceplate :yes:

Holmes was using a prodigious amount of volume to cover the sound of gunshots.

I do wonder what speakers he had playing tho'.

Wish I would have seen that, heard about it and it interested me but my TV's rarely on.

I'd love to own some Mac gear, probably wont ever bother to afford to. Classic McIntosh pieces are beautiful, but I think the marketing department may be getting too much say in aesthetics now a days. That TT especially is bordering on hideous its so over the top.

Always cool to see audiophile gear getting attention on TV and in movies. I've been meaning to watch more of BBC's Luther because I noticed an AR or Thorens TT in the back but never did see what it was connected to, bet its British...not a bad show either.

Plenty of good used McIntosh out there and two great places to buy from online. I bought from Tom Manley at mcintosh.com. Great service and a one year warranty too.

Aww, big deal, over priced status audio equipment.......

Years ago My neighbor had a beautiful Porsche 911 and I remember well the other neighbor who had a Mazda rx7 ( btw a nice car back then) was always telling everybody that the Porsche was overpriced and his Mazda was just as good...... Today I would still rather have the 72 911 e rather Than the rx7......It's so easy to envy what we don't have...

Years ago My neighbor had a beautiful Porsche 911 and I remember well the other neighbor who had a Mazda rx7 ( btw a nice car back then) was always telling everybody that the Porsche was overpriced and his Mazda was just as good...... Today I would still rather have the 72 911 e rather Than the rx7......It's so easy to envy what we don't have...

no truer words have ever been spoken!

McIntosh is not as inaccessible as people seem to think it is......

Yes, it costs more than some of the "rice blower" brands but there is a reason for that.....and I can comment because recently I changed to McIntosh.....and in fact perhaps not all "rice blower" brands are cheaper either, look at Accuphase for one....

To just plow in and say its "overpriced status equipment" is definitely coming from someone who is ill informed, and clearly doesnt own any McIntosh.....

I like seeing McIntosh in the movies and on TV, in fact I was watching an old John Cusack movie called Hi Fidelity, and he was sitting in his lounge turning up what looked like a Sansui C2000 pre-amp, and right next to it was either a MC240 or MC275........nice!!

Aww, big deal, over priced status audio equipment.......

There are some, through good fortune and/or a willingness to work hard and pay dues, who have reached or may reach a point where they can afford to entertain the idea of purchasing very high build/sound quality gear. No doubt, the option to buy "over priced status audio equipment" is much appreciated by the ones who elect to bust ass and achieve than sit on ass and settle. Audio would be infinitely less interesting if there were no brass rings.

- Michael

Last edited:
How about we all tamp down on the class warfare and just appreciate the fact that it's cool to see audio gear get some kind of prop on TV?

And that goes for both sides of this class warfare debate. Not everyone that works hard makes enough money to afford Mac gear, and not everyone that buys Mac gear is an audio snob looking for a status symbol.

Back
Top Bottom