McIntosh Replacement Glass

dilhole

I have a C26 with a new replacement glass from McIntosh (I had one break during shipping). Anyway, I have noticed that the green lettering does not shine as even as the lettering on my mc2505, which has its original glass. Is there anyone else that has noticed this phenomenon with their replacement glass? A friend of mine had the same issue with his mc2105. Take a close look. You have to pretty much be looking at it dead on to notice. Does anyone know what causes this?

Did you take the colored filters off the old glass and put them on the new? The two Mc pieces I've owned all had these. Also the lamp may be dim and fixing to go out.

I allways put the old and new side by side and check the backs to make sure all the filters are in place, some of the glass has to have all of the filters transfered. Have found no consistency on what is included on the glass. I think that the factory does not have some of the old filters any more so they leave them off.

Yes I am back. The filters need to come off of the old glass and be installed on the new. The paint process we use is totally different than what was used 30 years ago. The appearance should be the same when the filters/ light defusers are changed.

Ron-C

Back
Top Bottom