McIntosh Roger Russell Speakers

mozcho

In my place there's this pair of speakers [Mod Edit], but I cannot find any model number nor specs about this, only available are some photos. If you know them, please tell me how they sound, and what's their fair market value. Thanks a lot.

ek_mcintosh-roger-russell-speaker.jpg ek_mcintosh-roger-russell-speaker-1.jpg ek_mcintosh-roger-russell-speaker-2.jpg ek_mcintosh-roger-russell-speaker-3.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Agreed, IMO it doesn't look like something RR would have designed. I suspect the Mc badges and RR's cards on the back are an attempt to defraud.

Driver appears to be some sort of coaxial/duplex affair which again, I never saw in a Mc speaker. Suspect someone is trying to make the speakers appear is if they're something they aren't.

A quick email to RR will surely hold the answer.

Driver appears to be some sort of coaxial/duplex affair which again, I never saw in a Mc speaker. Suspect someone is trying to make the speakers appear is if they're something they aren't.

A quick email to RR will surely hold the answer.
Thank you for the email address, I have asked him and he replied very quickly that those are not his design, "To be McIntosh, there must be a model number and serial number. If that is a hole in the back as a vent, that is not by McIntosh."

Thanks everyone too!

When i first saw these two thoughts immediately came to mind.

a) Neither RR or any of his close associates would have allowed his or the Mc logo on such mediocre dreck.

b) While imitation can often be a sincere form of flattery, those more probably got RR's bacon frying.

If I here RR and knew how to reach seller I would slap them with a cease and desist order

They went too far up with those. Selling a Yugo with a Chevy badge on it is one thing, but you start putting Rolls-Royce on it, and now people who know RR are going to be wondering WTF you're up to, whereas they would never have been looking at Chevys. :cool:

Cabinets themselves resemble SoundDesign, Emerson, etc....although often those speakers only had 18 gauge wire coming out of a slit in the back of the cabinet with RCA ends to plug into the power source. The ones the OP posted at least have spring terminals.

Last edited:
Driver appears to be a coax 2-way.
Roger apparently has no association with them, other than what appear to be his business cards as labels.

They went too far up with those. Selling a Yugo with a Chevy badge on it is one thing, but you start putting Rolls-Royce on it, and now people who know RR are going to be wondering WTF you're up to, whereas they would never have been looking at Chevys. :cool:
Guy used to show up at GA car meets in a Mazda badged a Ferrari, fooling just about nobody.

Back
Top Bottom