Mcintosh scam

Do you know what the blocked items are?
Scammer related or ebay related?

Getting into computer stuff I don't know much about but I'm sure other AK'ers do.

Scammer(s) has to have some pretty good skills to keep hijacking accounts and inserting the scam page.
As mentioned, most likely is using some sort of protocol to hide behind as well.
But not smart enough to change the items or quit using the same old tired images.*

And gone now. Ebay is on the ball right now, maybe on heightened alert due to the almost constant hijackings since Friday night?

That, or people from this thread keep reporting the fraudulent activities. Either way it's a good thing, but my charitable reporting will not last forever. I have bigger fish to fry right now, like unloading a semi trailer full of CRT rebuilding equipment and NOS tubes. lol

I may tire as well at some point.
But for now I'll keep at it.
Hopefully it will help keep any AK'ers from getting ripped off.

Just did a Google search for ebay bike scam listings since scammer lists lots of bikes...found this.. https://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=13073108

Interesting as that link says payment with non paypal, not sure if "our" scammer is accepting paypal or not. And not going to BIN just to find out.

Not sure if the 24 hour listings are new or if I just noticed them this weekend.
Create a sense of urgency to buy/bid? Or trying to screw some people before they get shut down again?

Last edited:
It's really easy, actually. You hack an account, then send a compromised link from that account to a bunch of others, and see if anyone falls for it. I nearly did--it was very realistic.

Saw one hijacked account last night, another today. Both were listed with Canadian shipping costs.
That's another dead give away as to which listings are legit or not. All the hijacked listings had the same shipping (estimated) price listed whether it was a pillow or a house.
But often times the scammer offers free shipping.
Scammer(s?) seem to prefer weekends for some reason.

Edit---third Canadian hijackee this weekend listed tonight. 21station.

Last edited:
Yea, he is back.
Likes to post AR1 speaker for sale...
I reported it.

As usual, a hijacked account...

Ad has already been taken down.

I just reported a scam for a complete McIntosh system to eBay on Sunday night. $1,500 US "Buy it Now" for a system worth probably 5k.
Canadian address that requires funds to be wired to somewhere in Italy. Same seller also had a valuable Gibson guitar listed for the same terms and price. I guess he figured no one would notice.

I just reported a scam for a complete McIntosh system to eBay on Sunday night. $1,500 US "Buy it Now" for a system worth probably 5k.
Canadian address that requires funds to be wired to somewhere in Italy. Same seller also had a valuable Gibson guitar listed for the same terms and price. I guess he figured no one would notice.
Yup, that's the same scammer, thanks for reporting him.
Stereo gear, guitars, bikes, cameras, sewing machines are among the usual listings.
If you search ebay McIntosh listings a lot you'll instantly recognize a scammer listing since he (they?) use the same pictures and listings every time.

Last edited:
Yes, please do keep posting the scams as they pop up. Please include the username of the hacked account, my hope is that someday this activity can be traced back to its source by the authorities. This is not just some random act, I believe this is one or maybe two people joining forces in a concerted effort to steal money internationally via eBay. It needs to be tracked, and people need to be put in jail.

Big crop of McIntosh scam listings freshly loaded on the auction site. :(

Have to wonder how successful these scams are. Would they really be doing it this often if they weren't? :idea:

Big crop of McIntosh scam listings freshly loaded on the auction site. :(

Have to wonder how successful these scams are. Would they really be doing it this often if they weren't? :idea:
Scammer did take 2 or 3 weeks off.

Pretty sure the scammer hijacked a second account later in the day yesterday.
Started the reporting process and the listings were each gone as I clicked on them.

EDIT--- two more hijacked accounts in the last couple hours.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom