McIntosh, Shanling, Clearaudio...

Wardsweb

Behind The Curtain
Staff member
Admin
come together to form my 2-channel system.

livingroom080307.jpg

Definitely a feast for the eyes. Are those amps shanlings?

Very cool man. If it sounds half as good as it looks....

Evan

Definitely a feast for the eyes. Are those amps shanlings?

Very cool man. If it sounds half as good as it looks....

Evan

Here is what you see:
Clearaudio Champion II turntable fitted with an SME 309 arm and Benz Micro Glider cart.
Shanling T100 CDP
Shanling SP80 monobloc amps running Electro-Harmonix 6CA7EH "fat bottles"
McIntosh C36 preamp

The Plexiglass under your shanlings looks amazing with the Clearaudio!

Thats the best part!

I had the amps stands custom made to match the Clearaudio table by Tate Blanchard of Customisolation.com. They, along with the table, are backlit using cold cathode neon. There are usually found in custom computers.

I saw that pic on the other thread last month. I saved the pic and still drool over it from time to time. It's time for me to get back into tubes!

Awesome system, awesome picture.

I am still going to put a glass bead swimming pool under my table some day.

Really slick!

It might be worth mentioning that the various pictures I've seen of your setup and more specifically, your decorated rooms, I DO like your sense of style.

Have you yet finalized some way to make those "plug ugly" speakers everyone loves to bash on... more beautiful?

It might be worth mentioning that the various pictures I've seen of your setup and more specifically, your decorated rooms, I DO like your sense of style.

Have you yet finalized some way to make those "plug ugly" speakers everyone loves to bash on... more beautiful?

Thank you for the kind words. Esthethics have always been important to me in all aspects of my life.

As for the horn speakers, I hope to get them veneered this winter. They will be done in Sapele Pommele. Here is a picture of some sheets I have. They are 24" wide and 46" long, allowing me to do each side in a single sheet.

sapele_pommele_sheet.jpg

Back
Top Bottom