McIntosh Site

Thanks Carl, sally has been working on this for the last eight months. More features will be added, like live tech support. With the added server power we have maybe a historical section some day?

Ron-C

Oh yes, much better, minor glich on the index, and the popup that comes up every time I go back to the home page. may want to tie into Roger Russels site for history for now.

Live technical support, a historical section, very cool! :cool:
No link to everybody's favorite forum? ;) It really is so much
easier to navigate through all the information that is there.
Thanks Sally!

Carl

Carl,

We are displaying with Harvey's so it will be a mixed brand room. Something new from McIntosh though.
As far as a historical section I had something more detailed like schematics, with tips on keeping the old units up and running, in mind. Rather than ' those were the good old days' I was thinking these are the good old days and how to utilize the classics with today's speakers and sources.
Ron-C

Carl,

If I told you it wouldn't be new now would it? OK, MX135.
We will have two factory rooms at the November show in San Francisco. I was thinking two channel in both rooms with lots of tubes and spinning vinyl. What do you think? We will play requests!
Ron-C

Ron-C ... nothing draws attention more than testing peoples's pre-conceived notions of hi-fi. Now you see a lot of vinyl appearing at hi-fi shows. So you won't raise eyebrows that way.

But how's about FM radio? Have perhaps three generations of Mac tuners on display playing some music. I would suggest having a current MR-85, and an MR-71 and MR-78 all side by side. Perhaps running thorugh a C22C and the new MC275 reissue.

A liitle different, but that's what you want to do, is standout at these shows right - to create some buzz. Can you also get that Gilmore Audio girl to demo the remote controls?

Last edited:
It will be great to hear about the details of the MX135 when you can, but I can wait for the details, it just kind of gets you in a
Chrismas-like state of mind with anticipation. Kind of like my
MC275 to be now I know my tax refund will cover it. It would be cool to see your Technics in action in November. :)

Carl

Carl,

We will have to come up with somthing unusual in a turntable.. I was thinking a modded SL1200 MK5 GLD. That out to give the belt drive guys a fit!

Ron-C

I just looked up Harvey's on the net, it must be quite some presentation you guys will have there.
We will have to come up with somthing unusual in a turntable.. I was thinking a modded SL1200 MK5 GLD. That out to give the belt drive guys a fit!
I'm always open to new ways if I see it for myself. :p:
I sure will be looking forward to November's show here. :cool:
Looks like I need to sell my Seahawks tickets though. :(

Carl

Originally posted by Number 9
Can you also get that Gilmore Audio girl to demo the remote controls?

That Gilmore chick will age and get ugly. The Mc will outlast her looks by a large factor. Leave her to Gilmore and give me a McIntosh.

As far a vinyl goes, A/B the vinyl with the new Mc CDP. That should raise some eyebrows.

Last edited:
" Kind of like my
MC275 to be now I know my tax refund will cover it"

thats nice to hear carl.so i guess you wont be needing your mc60's anymore .:) feel free to send them my way!!!!.while your at it pic up a c2200 and send the mx110 my way also.glad to hear your getting one .keep us posted and let us know your thoughts on it.also dont forget the pics.regards,
chris

The site looks great ! keep up the good work.

I vote for Gilmore ( eye ) and McIntosh ( Ear ) candy :smsex:

I second the vote for a historical link (and to Roger's website, natch), and a link to this forum.

Of course, whatever McIntosh decides to do will be fine...they've done a great job with their website. I do wish the product photos were bigger, though...

Back
Top Bottom