1. Rest in Peace Paul (Kegger) If you would like to help the family in this time of great sorrow and need, you may donate on their GoFundme page: https://www.gofundme.com/mckechnie-medical-and-funeral-fund?
    Dismiss Notice

Mcintosh tuners - Way overrated?

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by jlovda, Jul 31, 2014.

1. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

Our local NPR has also gone largely public affairs talk as well. Some objection but imo a necessary response to events of the last several years, and we'll just leave it there.
    For music, there are CDs for the keepers on demand and after hours NPR for the fine music less heard previously. I do miss Performance Today and some of the other daytimers tho' .

2. damacman

damacman Blown and Injected Subscriber

We had The Deep End, followed by another equally awesome program, then Elwood's Blues Machine on 100.7 on Sunday nights for a long time. No more. All the local stations play the same music over and over again with exception of KBAQ, which is always a great listen.

3. kevzep

kevzep Its all about the Music Subscriber

The Deep End with Nick Michaels!! my favourite radio station here used to play his show on Sundays, not sure why they stopped, his station can be streamed on iTunes Radio, but the stream is really compressed and horrible sounding, I complained to them about it, but they couldn't understand what I was talking about......So I don't listen to it any more....

4. Mamrak1

Mamrak1 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Some public broadcasting stations feel they can save money and attract more listeners by getting away from playing music and going to talking heads instead. I quit listening to our local station the moment they changed formats.

5. damacman

damacman Blown and Injected Subscriber

So, half way around the world and it's the same shit! Crazy.

6. JosephH

JosephH AK Subscriber Subscriber

Tat C Crane dipole is a great option fr the price. I have had much success with mine.

7. Pio1980

Pio1980 AK Member Subscriber

I'm using a RatShak VHF/ UHF midline Yagi for HDTV and FM with reasonably good results at 70 miles.