McIntosh Turntable Poll

TONEPUB

Was in the McIntosh booth at CEDIA today while they were setting up...

Sally Goff and Ron C were kind enough to show me the new turntable and it looks pretty spiffy! Kind of interesting that it looks like a McIntosh tuner, gutted with a turntable built inside!

More info to come as we get it!

Kind of interesting that it looks like a McIntosh tuner, gutted with a turntable built inside!
:scratch2:
cr48ch.jpg

Was in the McIntosh booth at CEDIA today while they were setting up...

Sally Goff and Ron C were kind enough to show me the new turntable and it looks pretty spiffy! Kind of interesting that it looks like a McIntosh tuner, gutted with a turntable built inside!

More info to come as we get it!

Cool, can’t wait to see the photos. Does it come with an OEM arm? Graham, SME? Sprung or Plinth? Won’t be giving up my Orbe anytime soon but would really look to check out the mac.

When does McIntosh do their press conference? This will determine when the press release goes up on their site.

BTW. Love Tone. Great content and cool photography!

I can see Mcintosh doing something like this

http://www.laserturntable.com/

that would be pretty cool...still I am very curious about what they have come up with

I saw that thing at the AES, it works with a lot of signal processing, so I'm not sure that it is better than a "normal" table, or better than playing a CD for that matter (I'm pretty sure that the laser signal is quantized and processed by DSP) :scratch2:

If that's the case, we'll invent a new format: scan a vinyl in 3D, burn that info on a bluray disc and play that with a special player :smoke: ok, I'm loosing it ;)

But I've heard that they are pretty useful for restoring damaged copies of valuable recordings (and not for everyday use). I think that they can read from portions of the groove that were not damaged by any needles for example.

IMHO, it's too gimicky, I mean, really, could they have made the meter on the front any bigger?

(What's the need for a big meter on a turntable, anyway?)

Seriously, the front just doesn't work. Thin it down (if possible?) and put the knobs on top, and get rid of that silly meter.

I think they need to work on the styling some.:no:

attachment.php

Attachments

• mcintosh.jpg
    mcintosh.jpg
    144.1 KB · Views: 1,062
IMHO, it's too gimicky, I mean, really, could they have made the meter on the front any bigger?

(What's the need for a big meter on a turntable, anyway?)

Seriously, the front just doesn't work. Thin it down (if possible?) and put the knobs on top, and get rid of that silly meter.

I agree, make it look like a turntable.. the looks are off, at least from that angle.

McIntosh sure likes to to put big blue meters on everything don't they? I'm sure it is a spectacular sounding turntable with what I'm sure will be an astonishingly high price tag! The looks of it is not my cup of tea as it were.

It looks like some sort of crazy ziggurat! For a company that usually has a conservative (in a good way) look, this new turntable's pretty gonzo.

Well, I am pretty much speechless. :headscrat
mcintosh.jpg

Ouch!

We complained that McIntosh did not make a turntable ... perhaps we should have kept our mouth shut.

I just heard my Thorens emit a sigh of relief - it's not in danger of losing its position atop my all Mc rack to this table.

Perhaps it looks better in person.

ForzaRoma

Back
Top Bottom