mckit mc30 unbuilt

radioactive

tube gear fanatic
Subscriber
heres something for you mac addicts just listed and already at $1400 with the opening bid.it'll be interesting to see the final price on this one.well i cant see to post the link but check out the item #5709017165.sure wish i had some disposable income as id love to have it.mckit

Last edited:
heres something for you mac addicts
You left out rich mac addicts! :D Time to buy a lottery ticket
radioactive. ;)
Somebody, probably in Hong Kong, will pay a handsome amount for that amp kit. I just wonder if it will end up getting assembled
or just displayed in a collection. :scratch2:

Carl

I was told 110 MC30 McKits were sold. The kits cost more to make than a finished MC30 with all the little bags, boxes, directions and problems with those who could use a solder class.
Very rare for the collector who wants to one up his buds.

Ron-C

"I was told 110 MC30 McKits were sold."

I've got one of these......I guess that means only 109 units are potentially available on the used market:D

I'll bet this goes in excess of $2500. Makes my two 30's seem like a steal.

It's also neat to see just what new tubes came with these.......I should take note of this, and try the stock tube complement, just for kicks.

Way cool:D

Pardon my ignorance, but, if someone were to try to assemble one of these now, would not all of the caps be useless? I mean, really, they've been sitting there for what ... nearly 40 years?

Originally posted by Number 9
Pardon my ignorance, but, if someone were to try to assemble one of these now, would not all of the caps be useless? I mean, really, they've been sitting there for what ... nearly 40 years?

Probably so! God knows, I've been here for 48 years and I know I'm useless! :D

The caps in my C22, MR67, MR73, MPI3 and C28 are all OK. Haven't had to change them yet. The caps in the McKit will likely need to be reformed, but who knows if they are any good.

r

Rich, the caps in your gear have had some use. These have just been sitting there. Also, the MC30 is older than all of them. As I said, if someone were to assemble the MC30, why bother using 40 year old caps.

Back
Top Bottom