Mcs 3125 powerhouse vintage receiver

Since we are talking dollars here.... I got really lucky and found my 3125 a little over a year ago for $200 and it only needed a cleaning and deox. You can see by the pic it is nice cosmetically. It and an MCS 6700 TT are still my main set-up. Why oh why did I NOT stop there?...Who knows? It is one of a few pieces I own that I would spend money to a good tech to test/tune it and make it "be all it can be" even though it works fine now. I suspect it is a little (or a lot) under spec. As is it is it easily bested (to my ears anyway) an Adcom GFA 545II with NAD 7130 receiver as a pre in a straight up shootout. I have a Luxman 1120 in similar shape that I paid a bit more for. I want to do a head to head with them before I bring either to a tech for tune up. I head to head shootout speakers all the time, it's tougher with amps.

As I mentioned in another MCS thread recently a 3275 rolled thru the local sales sites for $300 but I never even inquired. I also have a 3253 that is OK cosmetically and has a problem with FM cutting out after a few minutes of play. I'm on the fence about bringing it in for repair so back on the shelf it sits.

That one in Akron sure is a beauty! It sounds like it could be as simple as one of those pesky defeat switches unless the owner tried that already.

EDIT: I know some of this discussion should be in dollars and sense but we're all friends here, right?

An MCS 3275 is not high on my priority list, but the almost identical black faced NEC is.
Had alerts set on ebay for one, never got an alert. Quite rare in the USA evidently.
Guess they were mostly sold in Canada.

Back
Top Bottom