Member Rooms: Who's Got One and Whatcha Bringin'?

Note: the Wojo/PunkerX room is always fantastic. Not to be missed, IMO.

- Who you are - Dave Wojo, Mike Williams

- Where you're coming from - Wojo, 20 minutes west, Punkerx - Flint, MI

- What's your strategy for your room - Let everyone else enjoy the sound of tube bi-amped Altec 604-8G, 604-8H or 604-8K coax "ceiling" speakers, and share expenses with Mike (PunkerX)

- What kind of equipment you have - Elite 80+ tube amps, Jolida 502 and Acoustic Fidelity tube amps plus Mike's NOSvalves VRD's and Almarro from Grumpy. BBE DS26 crossover, Denon DVD-2930CI SACD player. Mikes 604's? :scratch2:

- Gear that you're bringing, and what your set up might look like + Mikes gear and more tube amps;

- Primary sources - SACD, CD & FM broadcast from Mike's FM station, probably leaving vinyl home this time, lost a button on the Dual CS-741Q last time. :tears:

- What kind of music that might be heard coming from your room - Norah Jones, just kidding, it's a Nora Jones Free Zone!! Just about any genre, Mannheim Steamroller Christmas, Pink Floyd, Eagle's, Clapton, Stevie Ray Vaughan, Wynton Masallis, Keb Mo, Massive Attack? Bring your favorites, we'll be happy to play them!!

Why a question mark on the Massive ??? I would love to hear Mezzanine on that system for sure.

Sure we will narrow down the equipment list as we get closer.. There will be a turntable.. and vinyl, and all kinds of Altec/tube goodness..

Why a question mark on the Massive ??? I would love to hear Mezzanine on that system for sure.

Nothing wrong with Massive Attack, just one heck of an excercise for the woofer section, Protection is a real woofer test!! :D

I put this together and wasn't overwhelmed with the sound. It may be a speaker placement or room effect issue.

I may tweak some more then decide. It's a fun way to pass the time.

By the way, why is this thread so quiet? Isn't anybody else getting psyched about the Fest?

just sayin

Attachments

• with dust cover.jpg
    with dust cover.jpg
    68.9 KB · Views: 52
  • with dust cover2.jpg
    with dust cover2.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 19
  • without dust cover.jpg
    without dust cover.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 22
  • without dust cover2.jpg
    without dust cover2.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 31
I put this together and wasn't overwhelmed with the sound. It may be a speaker placement or room effect issue.

By the way, why is this thread so quiet? Isn't anybody else getting psyched about the Fest?

just sayin

Maybe you should spread those speakers out just a little !!... ..:D

Oh,I'm psyched alright....:grnbounce

Maybe seasonal mood disorder, compounded by busy work schedules?

I'm getting more psyched by the day. I've been spending what little spare time I have tweaking, and I'm really jazzed about the sound coming out of this rig. Can't wait to share.

Some evolution in the system since my first post: Acer Aspire laptop (nothing special in the world of laptops) driven by Lubuntu Linux 11.10 with Audacious and Quodlibet for music software. Output to a Zodiac Audio Antelope DAC, then into a Rotel RB 1092 amp. Speakers are Econowaves.

I hope folks bring CD's or music files of their own. In this system, music is stored on uncompressed FLAC, but the music players will decode most any file format.

Nothing wrong with Massive Attack, just one heck of an excercise for the woofer section, Protection is a real woofer test!! :D

Bring it on. I should finnaly have the bass coupler for my one speaker fixed this weekend, meaning both my mains will have their subwoofers and full speced responce with an F3 of 28hz. :rockon:

just sayin

Mark, those speakers look really cool, can't wait to hear them!! :D

.....no post's here for a whole month.....:scratch2:

Nope. Though I can update and say that my vandersteens are repaired and my system is 100% up to spec. Hopefully I can get my good turn table fixed up in time for the fest as well. Then all that is left is to decide what lps I want to bring and clean them. :yes:

This should be close to what I will be bringing. The socks will be stretched tight by then, need to staple them back in place.

DSCF7756Large.jpg

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing worse than loose socks.
:D

I have some things in the works...hopefully I can pull them together in time.
If not,I'm bringin' a Bose wave radio / CD player .....:smoke:

picture.php

Last edited:
Absolutely nothing worse than loose socks.
:D

I have some things in the works...hopefully I can pull them together in time.
If not,I'm bringin' a Bose wave radio / CD player .....:smoke:

picture.php

I got to hear one of those once, sounded decent. :yes:

Bring it on. I should finnaly have the bass coupler for my one speaker fixed this weekend, meaning both my mains will have their subwoofers and full speced responce with an F3 of 28hz. :rockon:

That's pretty close to where the Big Bobs fall. :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom