Memory card input-line level out

oldman55

Looking for an inexpensive dac/pre that will take SD or usb memory wav files and output line level signal. Suggestions?
oldman

Some CD players can do that.
Yamaha CD-S300 has a front panel USB port,although it's only compatible with WMA & Mp3.
I'm sure there are others that are compatible with other file formats.

IIRC Tascam has some like that,CD-200SB & CD-240 both have USB and the CD-200SB also can accept SD/SDHC cards.
And I believe those can take various file formats beyond just WMA & Mp3.

Not the cheapest options mind you,but they can also be found used quite often.

Then there are options like a Raspberry Pi with a DAC add-on card like the HiFiBerry.
And I'm sure there are portable DACs like that too,but I dont really know that stuff off the top of my head that well.

HTH

Bret P.

Last edited:
Some CD players can do that.
Yamaha CD-S300 has a front panel USB port,although it's only compatible with WMA & Mp3.
I'm sure there are others that are compatible with other file formats.

IIRC Tascam has some like that,CD-200SB & CD-240 both have USB and the CD-200SB also can accept SD/SDHC cards.
And I believe those can take various file formats beyond just WMA & Mp3.

Not the cheapest options mind you,but they can also be found used quite often.

Then there are options like a Raspberry Pi with a DAC add-on card like the HiFiBerry.
And I'm sure there are portable DACs like that too,but I dont really know that stuff off the top of my head that well.

HTH

Bret P.

Thanks. Now that I am searching for a CD player, I am getting some results. I was hoping for a much smaller device though. A stand alone chip player.
old

Depending on what you want to get out of it a cheapo Android phone or tablet with a microSD slot might work. Newer Android OS versions support external DACs and USB storage as well.

Or maybe a portable music player such as FiiO X1.

Most of the FiiO X series portable players use SD cards and provide headphone and a shared line out & S/PDIF digital port. They also function as a 192/24 USB and DSD DAC. The X5 lll also has balanced head phone output and capacity for (2) 256gB SD cards. It’s quite the Swiss Army knife of audio at $400.

Back
Top Bottom