Memory Card

Discussion in 'Cameras and Photography' started by Nightcleaner, Jul 13, 2018.

1. Nightcleaner

Nightcleaner Active Member

Hi

My Camera Sony DSC - H400 I could not get the SD Card to click down i played at home for ages trying different cards. Sheer desperation and i needed the walk. Took it to the Camera shop. he played like i did Different cards Same scenario. Big round light to look into the slot best he could.

After much trying. We gave up. he said Its a year and a month out of Guarantee. Sony will charge £150 to fix it then you have P&P. So we wrote it off. He suggested he looked in his second hand camera trove. Found another Bridge camera Lumix DMZ FZ200 - I was very impressed with the viewfinder the brightness compared to the sony and it was wide angle. I bought it. £197.

Its been here a day. I got the Sony beside me and im saying to myself what a shame Picked the Sony up I Sprayed air into the card reader put some WD40 on a card cleaned the contacts put the card in the Sony. It clicked down

Kicking myself

I prefer The Lumix to the Sony Though

Ah well

John James and cratz2 like this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

always the way .at least you have a spare to hand now .

Nightcleaner and cratz2 like this.
  3. Wildcat

Wildcat Audio Sommelier

A tiny bit of WD40 might have trickled down to whatever locking mechanism is inside the slot. :thumbsup:

4. Nightcleaner

:rockon:Was the first time i used WD40 and it worked a great thing to have around the house:bowdown::thumbsup:

Edited 10:06 16 July

Sorry

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018
  5. cratz2

cratz2 Addicted Member

Ok.... which one of you is Siskel and which one's Ebert?

:p

John James and I LIKE MUSIC like this.
  6. Nightcleaner

post edited

Last edited: Jul 16, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

7. sKiZo

sKiZo Hates received: 8642 Subscriber

SD cards can get weird ... I've got my photos in a whole bunch of folders on my Android phone that don't show up at all in windOhs! using the phone's USB connection Only option if I want to transfer them is to pull the card and read it direct from the computer, which is a PITA as it's buried pretty deep. (mutter mumble)

8. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

there is a phone setting for that problem .. cant remember what it is right now . i had that problem but photos dont show show as photos .just icons and are all the same .they open just fine though .

9. nj pheonix

nj pheonix AK Subscriber Subscriber

I installed a program (free IIRC)
    It's a back up program for Android to Windows (via usb).
    I'm pretty sure it will do what you want. If I remember later , I'll post in the thread. If I forget (Not entirely unlikely). Remind me.