Merrell Electronics SA210

golana

analog
Subscriber
Well chalk one up to aimless searching on auction sites. This wasn't listed as tube equipment and thus was under viewed.

What do you guys know? I have found very little of nothing. What I do know, these were kits, and the owner was a ham/op, with a bunch of Mono stuff. You're up to speed.:D

It doesnt look to bad. There is a nice layout, and with what appears to be little or no use. Could mean he had trouble getting it going. With only a few nicks and scratches. It still will look decent once I clean the sticker gunk.

Also, any info on these tubes. The 5Y3GT and two 12AX7's are made in Holland. These don't really have any markings, so I'm kinda at a loss for info. Same with the 6BQ5's both made in England, Early Mullards? Top marking, 1F2/1796 ITT. I put a known Mullard(The Fisher) for reference. Nothings even close in resemblance. Anything?

kugvoliuh001.jpg

kugvoliuh003.jpg

kugvoliuh005-1.jpg

kugvoliuh008.jpg

kugvoliuh012.jpg

Thanks, I've read that before. I'll be damned if I understand it. Once they go to a 3 digit designator, I'm in limbo. Best I get is 51-53. If they're Mullard. Code is at the top, frame work is more rounded not as boxy, and have four connections. Also, the micas look different. I guess I haven't been exposed to that early a tube. It's a big reason I posted.

The amp is cool, as I've looked at it a bit more. Maybe I can get it drawn up, Sunday/Monday.

Very old topic and you surely have found all the info you needed. Just in case, I've found The same amp and The 6BQ5 from ITT are marked Made in Japan. Quite better that the actual Soviet and China production.

BTW, mine is heavily modified to fit with an old BSR turntable. I would like to bring it back to the original making: do you happen to have the original schematics? I would be quitte happy!

Last edited:
ITT tubes could be literally anything. I've seen that branding on Masushita, Mullard, assorted American brands, and things that were obvious Soviet re-marks.

Back
Top Bottom