Merrylander Rocks!

drspiff

Fisher "T" Aficionado
In discussions on AK, I mentioned that I was in need of information on the suggested mods for the Fisher 400 tube receiver. Merrylander said that he had some information and would pass it on.

WOW! I got a list via snailmail of all the parts that need to be replaced, a copy of the service manual, and a synopsis of the changes to be made. I asked him how much I owed, and I guess it slipped his mind. So I'm donating $10 to AK in Rob's name for being such a good guy.

Dr. Spiff

Thread title says it all! I bought one of Rob's Carver receivers he had for sale and it's been a pleasure. Excellent communications, packing and product. Thanks Rob for a great experience.

John

jwrags said:
Thread title says it all! I bought one of Rob's Carver receivers he had for sale and it's been a pleasure. Excellent communications, packing and product. Thanks Rob for a great experience.

John

I bought the other one and echo what everyone already knows, nice little unit, well packed and timely.

Thanks Rob.

dew.

More Kudos for Mr. Merrylander!

FYI...a recent donation has been made to AK!

Now, for Rob...many thanks, publicly, for Rob's assistance in doping through some problems that I have been having in restoring a Yamaha CR-220 (that's right...the small one!) that now resides in my shop. Rather than sending it to Rob I thought that I would try to clean it up, install lights and find the missing stereo signals on the FM. Rob sent me excerpts from the CR-220 service manual and gave me the NUDGE to try and fix it myself...the results...drumroll please...IT WORKS AGAIN!! So, in keeping with Rob's wish/hope to keep these Yamahas out of the landfill, I too am doing my part...rescuing a perfectly good Yamaha CR-220 (all of its 15 wpc!).

Sounds great with a little pair of Polk R-15s...thank you Rob for this and your input on the T-7 tuner that I am trying to keep out of the scrap heap! :music:

Add one more!

Don't know if I posted feedback for Rob or not, but doing it again won't hurt anything! :D

Rob was kind enough to scan in and snail mail me a copy of his Carver The Receiver service manual!

Rob is truely a gentleman! :thmbsp:

If ya need service manuals Rob, be sure to check with me to see if I have the one you need! :yes:

Scott

I don't know how many know this but I used to be an instructor (LAN, WAN, VOIP, ISDN, MPEG2) and teaching was my first love. I have this funny idea that knowledge is to be shared and not kept to one's self. As Section Manager - Long Range Planning before I left Bell Canada to me it was my job to develop and promote staff and I think I did this. So if anyone has benefited from any of my posts or emails, then I am happy.

Rob

Thanks Rob! Please keep teaching and we will learn...

I'm looking at another broken-down Yamaha integrated amp now (not that I need it!), but it sounds like it could be fixable and then turn it around and pass it on for someone to enjoy!

If only I could remember everything that I used to know from my Rat-Shack transistor and crystal kit building days! :scratch2:

Back
Top Bottom