Merrylander

Dave918

Just received a beautiful Yamaha CR-1020 from Rob. This is one fantastic looking receiver!! Expertly packed, arrived safe and sound. I'll have to wait until this evening to try it out, but I know it will sound as good as it looks.

Thanks Rob, a real pleasure doing business with you!

-Dave

Hey Dave,

Thanks for letting me know it got there safely. I always try to over-pack, but AFAIK Murphy's Law has not been repealed. If there is anything about it that you are not happy with let me know, I'll fix it.

Rob

Yamaha CR-820

Finally got my CR-820 unpacked and man is it nice! My GF's first words were "Is that going in my room?"
Came nicely packed with a really quick turnaround from Merrylander. So clean, you'd think it was on the store shelf yesterday.

Thanks a bunch

Would you believe, ELVIS' CHRISTMAS ALBUM and it sounds great on the the phono.

Merrylander, your the man of the hour!

:yes:

Hey, glad she arrived safely - enjoy! If your GF wants one I have her sister only in Teak vinyl, not quite twins.;)

Rob

I never did give Rob the proper thanks for the timing light and tach/dwell meter he sent me, absolutely free! I was going to wait and post a pic of using them in action on the Lincoln, but just haven't felt well enough lately to tackle the job.

Rob, you're the best! :)

A bit belated but all good sellers need their praise. Rob, thanks for the EPI's and everything was as good if not better than described.

Jay

Got a beautiful Yammy CR840 from Rob (merrylander) last week (while the boards were on lock out) and just wanted to say that it's better than described in his FS ad.
My first Yamaha and I can say i'm very impressed with it and with Rob's quick replies to my PM's and to his patience with me on getting the money order out to him.
Thanks again!!!

You don't know how happy it makes me that it went to an AK member and not to some total stranger from eBay. Enjoy!

Rob

I have the good fortune to live about an hour's drive from Merrylander. I went to his lair (the only way to describe it) this afternoon and picked up a CR-840 that I had asked to be veneered in cherry. Bee-yoo-tee-ful!

Best thing, my wife's first impression was that I had brought in a new piece of furniture -- now that's a high WAF!

Steve Alred

Lair? Lair? Doesn't everyone have a Sansui 8080 driving stacked Advents in their basement playing Baroque so loud you can't hear the doorbell? Seriously Steve, I'm glad that your wife likes the work, when people like what you do that is a bonus.

Rob

Got my CR-2020 from Rob today, and set it up in my office. The Mirages are singing like never before. My wife came in, saw it, listened for a bit, asked me to change the CD, listened some more. Went downstairs for a minute, came back up and said, "We need a new stand for the living room, 'cause that won't fit on the shelf." This is the same woman who threatened my health if I wanted to move out HER 2252B. Thanks, Rob, I think.

Seriously, Rob, you have done your usual magic, this Yamaha is strong and beautiful. Doing business with you was an absolute pleasure. Even the tough customer, Grumpy, was impressed with your packing.

To anybody interested in a Yamaha, Merrylander is your man. Without hesitation, I give him my highest recommendation.

got my restored CR-2020 back from Rob today. another work of beauty, and she sounds better than she looks! count me as another very satisfied customer. Rob i cant thank you enough.

Last edited:
Thanks Merrylander!

I've had a few days to admire my CR-2020 (what's up with all these 2020s?) that was restored by Rob. It sounds great, it looks great and Rob is a pleasure to deal with.

Rob, you're a master of your craft - many thanks!

hmmmm... I should join the throng, given that in the last month Rob's repaired my CR-220 (at an unbelievably inexpensive rate) AND I bought a CR-820 from him! He's a top-class member of this or any other forum.

merrylander does it again!

Just got my Setton 220 from Rob, and I will tell this thing is more than I hoped for. :yippy:

The size of thing makes you think it's 100+ WPC, and the black cabinet looks brand new. Packing was superb, and I am well pleased. :huge:

Rob, I'll get the 717 out to you in a few days. :thmbsp:
Thanks again!

Pics over in solid state.

Praise to the Veneer Guru

I decided to rework the case on my poor 8080DB, (looked like a cat had started a serious project , and was damn proud of it), contacted Merrylander asking questions, tips, etc. The finished product turned out lot better than I expected I would be able to do. Praise be to the Veneer Guru!!!!!!!!!!! :ntwrthy:

Last edited:
Need to post again to extol Merrylander's skills. Recently bought -- and received -- a CR-1020 from Rob. It's a nice looking and good sounding piece of hardware; probably just what my new Allison Ones are going to need in perpetuity.

The main reason I am posting feedback for Rob again is to underscore the excellent attention he gives to packing. I am going to adapt his "peanuts in small bags" approach myself! Excellent ability to pack his somewhat exotic and almost irreplaceable wares to survive the rigors of modern delivery services!

EDIT... OOPS, that's a CR-2020 that I bought from Rob. Got my CR-1020 at a garage sale locally (a few years back) for $5 :)

Last edited:
Thanks Mark, after chasing static charged peanuts around the shop I just had to find a better way. Besides, ever since the Washington Post made Karl Rove their editor-in-chief I had to find some use for the paper and the bags it comes in. :)

Rob

Here's another salute to Rob! Rob took in my slightly ill 1050 and began work immediately. Extremely friendly and has a wonderful wife to boot. I don't even need to see my 1050 to know he is going to make it sing. Obviously, he is a man who loves this hobby/life! If you live within 50 miles, take the opportunity to drop your unit off in person - He lives in a beautiful part of Maryland.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom