Yamaha CR-1000 receiver
Yamaha NS-670 Speakers
Yamaha K1000 Cassette
Onkyo DX-1400 CDP
Pioneer PL-88FS TT

Family Room:

Yamaha CR-2020 reciever
Polk Monitor 7B speakers
Sony SLV-D560P DVDP/VHS (doubles as a very nice CDP)
Panasonic DMR-EA18 DVD recorder/plaayer upconverts DVD to 1080i for the SONY HDTV

Shop:

Yamaha CR-800 receiver
Polk Monitor 10B speakers
Yamaha CD-2 CDP
Yamaha K850 cassette
Pioneer PL44FS TT

What we laughingly call the "Playroom" that we were going to finish until they said it would be in excess of $40,000:

Yamaha CR-2040 receiver
Yamaha NS-690 spekers
Yamaha PX-2 TT
Yamaha CDC-755 CDP
Yamaha K-1000 cassette

Shop PC;

Rega Planar 2 with R300 tonearm
Yamaha K-1000 cassette

All for converting to CD for tunes in the cars

Standing in the wings:

Teac X-1000R 4-track RTR
Teac 1230 2-track RTR

Both in good shape bur lack of space at present.

Also have two Pioneer RT-707 RTR, one good (should probably have new heads) the other basically an organ donorPolk Monitor 5A speakers and bass and mid drivers for NS-690 Mk 2.

Future changes: When I get the Yamaha CR-3020 on the bench sorted out it will replace the CR-2040. Since I veneered the CR-2040 in Rosewood it will repllace the CR-1000 (veneered in Cherry) and it will be put up for sale.

When I clear out the rest of the units waiting TLC the workbench will shut down and just maybe I will get to play some tunes.

Oh yes, if I ever sort out the Yamaha CD-1 it will replace summat, just not sure what at this time.

Would it be a safe bet that you have a fondness for Yamaha gear? :scratch2:

Nice systems.:thmbsp:

I go with what works, forgot to note there is a Yamaha YST-SW216 subwoof on the "Playroom" system but I rarely turn it on, also have a spare one of them as well.

I've always liked the sound of Yamaha equipment. It always seemed uncolored to my ears. Nice setups you have Rob.

Now for the Family room, the speakers have absolutely no room on the floor so I reversed the stands making them tilt downward. Sitting at the intersection of two walls and the ceiling sure augments the bass.:yes:

Last edited:
Now the not so pretty ones, I need to call 1-800-gotjunk and at least clear this area. Amazingly it sounds better that it should. Playroom first, shop next spare stuff last. I maybe shoul order some 6' interconnects then I could sit one of the RTRs beside the playroom system.

Oops, got that all backwards, first the RTRs then the Polk 5As thenthe shop in two pics and last the playroom.

Last edited:
Take a break and enjoy the tunes! Very nice gear you have there, Rob. I have the exact same Sony Tube HDTV in my bedroom. If I had to choose, I'd get rid of my Panasonic 50" Plasma before the Sony.

I think that they have yet to improve over the CRT, the only drawback is that the sucker weighs over 100 pounds. The other Sony 27" we had there before got taken out when the local flicker and flash were mucking about and sent the voltage up to 150. It was on the second floor then and by the time I got up there it was toast, they did buy me a new one.

I think that they have yet to improve over the CRT....
Truer words were never spoken !!! But then, I'm frequently accused of being a Reactionary & somewhat of a Luddite...I'll happily plead guilty...Rob, yr Schtuff, however, is QUITE mouthwatering & "Lustable" over...Especially to another old "Yammy" hand...

Nice to see where all the magic happens, Rob. I really like the looks of the family room set-up with the 2020. It looks like the cabinet was made for it.

Whats the story behind the CR-3020 ? I always thought they were as hard to find as hens teeth.

They are, I found this one through a friend. Someone had replaced all the outputs and drivers on one power amp with early NTE like junk so I am rebuilding that side. Had a power supply problem but I have an organ donor so I recapped its opower supply.

The problem of working on stuff is that Better Gassed & Electrocuted did one of their routine power failures yesterday - I am getting damn tired of living in Baghdad on the Potomac. In the process of off-on-off-on-off-on-off - - -they took out Comcast's amplifier at the end of the court so I was offline from 11:30 AM all of yesterday. Running off our emergency generator until it came back around 2:00 PM.

Very nice setups . . . I never even heard of a 3020 before, sure would like to see one.

This is more than likely extremely premature, but I call dibs on the CR1000 when the 3020 becomes operational and the great Yamaha volley-ball rotation begins at Chez Merrylander . . . I'll even throw in my CR700 for Rob to explore; who knows, mebbe it'll be a fundraiser item for AK!

I neglected to note the cartridges, the PX-2 is currently running a Denon DL-160 but can also run an Audio Technica AT31e LOMC or a AT SIgnet TK5e MM. The rega runs an AT Signet TK5e, there are an Ortofon OMB20 and a Grado Blue in house

Back
Top Bottom