meter lights 2125

Holst

Addicted Member
I'm sure I've seen something about this before but.... my MC2125 has a couple of flickering lamps on one meter. How much of a pain is it to get to them, what type do I need... and any other words of encouragement are welcome. The thing is so pretty, I dread taking a screw driver to it.

Thank you. I guess I will call McIntosh. My goal is to order a Mc pre-amp when Tom Manley returns and it would be nice to have my house in order. I listned to all of Mahlers sixth tonight and it didn't flicker once. I wonder if something is loose. Ich, I'm paranoid about opening this thing.

Use Terry's trick with cutting the tabs and you should be OK. I did mine a couple years before AK was here so I did not have this wonderful resource to
give me some good advice. There are 3 of the festoon bulbs in each meter.
These are a generic bulb and are to be had at any electrical supply. Parts Express has all 3 voltages in stock as well.
Hint: My replacement meters have holes on top to vent heat that the originals did not.
I'm paranoid about opening this thing.
Do the beer drinking afterwards and you will be fine. ;)

Carl

The MC2125 uses three festoon blubs for meter, wow. I wonder why they did not use the 1866 blubs like the MC2205.

Carl, can you tell me where Parts Express is? I used up the last of my spare festoon on my MX110 and would like to purchase some spare.

thanks

silas

Parts Express is a sponsor and has a link in the banners below the threads.
If you order using our banner link AK gets a little referral stipend as well. :)

Carl

Both the #1847 bulbs (150ma) and the #1866 bulbs (250ma) are available at Mouser and and I guess Digikey. The 18xx blulbs are the long-life series and the #47 (150ma) and #44 (250ma) are the shorter-life bulbs. Radio Shack has these bulbs too although I'm not sure if they have all 4 of the above types. There seems to be no reason to buy the short-life bulbs other than they're a few cents cheaper.

About $6.50 for 10 at Mouser. Just search for 1847 and 1866.

Murray

Edit: Oops. Uhh, or PE, I guess. #44 at PE.

skippy_ps said:
Both the #1847 bulbs (150ma) and the #1866 bulbs (250ma) are available at Mouser and and I guess Digikey. The 18xx blulbs are the long-life series and the #47 (150ma) and #44 (250ma) are the shorter-life bulbs. Radio Shack has these bulbs too although I'm not sure if they have all 4 of the above types. There seems to be no reason to buy the short-life bulbs other than they're a few cents cheaper.

About $6.50 for 10 at Mouser. Just search for 1847 and 1866.

Murray

Edit: Oops. Uhh, or PE, I guess. #44 at PE.
If you're on a low budget I can help you out with these lamps, my 150ma and 250ma versions are rated a minimum of 20,000 hours, not the typical 3,000 and 5,000 hours. S&H sucks on small orders!! Dave. :no:

Last edited:
Do the beer drinking afterwards and you will be fine
Actually I don't drink, but I was starting to think about starting. What was the line from the movie "Airplane", Lloyd Bridges "Looks like I picked a lousy week to quit sniffing model glue".
So they are bayonet types, that's good news.

Thank you to everyone who who jumped in to help!!!

Just looked at the svc manual for the 2125 and it lists Mc part # 058-059 for the meter lamps. No indication as to the generic lamp id.

Murray

Back
Top Bottom