Meter Lights For AKAI AA 8500

A pict and voltage rating will help.
Thousand of members at AK but not everybody knows the AKAI AA 8500 inside.

You need to pull one of the bulbs and search by images on the web. For sure many amplifiers share this same bulbs.

Seeing that you got no other answers, means there aren't AK members who know the kind of bulbs your unit has.

If voltage is too high you can connect a resistor in series or a diode in series to drop the voltage. But that's a next step. Perhaps with the bulbs installed voltage is OK.

It seems to be a bulb like this one, you'll need to disassemble the VU anyway to replace it. Or, if you don't feel confident to do that, you could connect a LED with a resistor from the back of the meter, it will light it from the back.

(RANDOM PICTS FROM GOOGLE SEARCH, NOT MINE)

mb07.jpg

Some meters have sockets for the bulbs, no soldering needed, you can check if your's have:
tc-158sd-volume-unit-meter-illuminating-bulb.gif

I don't think those meters have any light inside, I see just 2 wires to carry the signal, there should be 4 wires if a light bulb were inside (2 for the signal, 2 for the bulb power)

I see. The bulbs are not inside the Vumeter. But are the same kind. Not difficult to find. Regards.

Back
Top Bottom