1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Meter project

Discussion in 'General Audio Discussion' started by ducati2, Jun 11, 2018.

1. gdmoore28

gdmoore28 Super Member

Well, we'll see what they are when they get here. I think I'll run the connection questions by the guys on the Parts Express Tech Talk forum once I have them in hand. I'm not sure enough of my electronic skills to take a chance on destroying something. Better safe . . . .

GeeDeeEmm

Please register to disable this ad.

2. WaynerN

WaynerN AK Subscriber Subscriber

Usually, one power input is to run the board, the other power input is to run the VU meter lights. If your VU meters do not have lights, you do not need to power that section up. BTW, my boards are from Parts Express and they are very good and easily calibrated.

'ner

3. NAD80

NAD80 Super Member

Have to check at PE then.

4. OMGCat!

OMGCat! AK Subscriber Subscriber

It looks to me like you put in 9-15v and a signal and you get two 12v supplies to power lamps and a plug for each meter out. Most preamps are common ground so any of the tape out should be fine. If you're in doubt just get a multimeter and check to see if the sleeves of the RCAs are common to each other.

5. ducati2

ducati2 AK Subscriber Subscriber

6BAE1A99-2BE3-48DA-8DE6-9A11DCF7805F.png This would be way cool...

Ds2000 likes this.