MHA100 DAC question

RobFixter

Shhhh, just listen :)
So this is odd. I have a laptop that I use for a source to the USB input on the MHA100. When I play Jriver, or Roon through it it is fine. When I stop and try to play Spotify or Tidal nothing comes out. I think it has to do with the software (Jriver/Roon) taking control of the McIntosh driver. I have figured out a work around, which is not too bad, but I wish I didn't have to remember to do this each time.

This is what I have to do to make Spotify or Tidal work

Step 1: Quit Roon Bridge
Step 2: Sound Control / Change default to speakers
Step 3: McIntosh Control Panel / Change to 192,000
Step 4: Sound Control Panel / Change default to McIntosh
Step 5: Relaunch Roon Bridge <- Just so I don't forget

Once I do these steps it plays fine. I have repeated this over and over, it works every time. Anyone else experience any weird things like this?

Thanks,

Rob

I have a similar problem:
Windows only seems able to create an Audio device for 192kHz. Any sample rate below (like 44.1kHz) set by the Mc control panel will lead to a failed Audio device and therefore no Audio.

I have currently contacted customer support.

-- W

Rob,

In the McIntosh USB audio box check ASIO host can change. This will allow JR to play each song in its native rate. I usually leave the driver control box set to 16/44.1.
It is obvious that you have it set to 32/192 which no music file will use natively.

What operating system are you using on the computer?

Thanks,
Ron-C

Thx for the reply.

Yes, USB ASIO Hosts can change box is checked. I encounter the problem in general and not with JR. If I want to play a Redbook CD at 16bit/44.1 and set the Audio to 44.1 sample rate in the MC USB Control app no sound is heard.

--W

16/44.1 is easy. Sounds like you have some issues with your computer.

Thanks,
Ron-C

You will also need to see how you have your data rate set up in the Windows 10 sound panel. If you lock a data rate in this then this will not allow changing data rates.

Thanks,
Ron-C

The data rate in Windows 10 Sound panel is grayed out for MC Device. I can only change it in MC Control panel. How do you lock it?

I haven't really messed with this a lot lately. What I did do was set my PC to run everything through the Jriver windows driver at 24/192 and then when I play Spotify or anything else it up-samples it and works. Roon will change the bitrate as needed. So this is a good work around. I guess I could mess around with this a little bit more and see what else I can come up with.

Back
Top Bottom