Miata owners....appreciate your thoughts!!

Stop with the photos already, you're killing me! Kidding, of course, but that car is nominally exactly what I would wish for. Love the color and those first gen models are so revered. My recollection is that the really early cars came with just a few option packages, one being power windows, etc? I know I always thought at the time that the simpler, the better. If it all works out for you, do keep us posted when she comes home.

So I am curious....with my journey (over) ....at least purchased although not with me yet!!
....has this motivated you at all to begin your own search?

You should :D

I think you got the last great one, so I'm giving up!

Bit seriously, a Miata has been one of those "some day" cars since literally before they were actually available. I've currently got a vehicle or two than I need already, so I'd need to make a few changes before I was in a position to really make a purchase. But I'm running out of "some days", and your question, more than your pursuit, is giving me cause to consider getting more active to make those changes.

Meanwhile, if you change your mind on yours, let me know. I'm in Seattle so that car is not so far away!

I think you got the last great one, so I'm giving up!

Bit seriously, a Miata has been one of those "some day" cars since literally before they were actually available. I've currently got a vehicle or two than I need already, so I'd need to make a few changes before I was in a position to really make a purchase. But I'm running out of "some days", and your question, more than your pursuit, is giving me cause to consider getting more active to make those changes.

Meanwhile, if you change your mind on yours, let me know. I'm in Seattle so that car is not so far away!

I'll keep that in mind....

Well if you decide to pursue...good luck!

Congrats on your clean low mileage purchase !

We've owned at least one Miata continuously since July '89 and have never regretted the purchases. They're just great all around cars!

Congrats on your clean low mileage purchase !

We've owned at least one Miata continuously since July '89 and have never regretted the purchases. They're just great all around cars!

Thx ---- end of April is a long time away but once here we hope to have a lot of fun!!

Congratulations . I had a 2002 as my daily driver in N. Indiana(with snow tires). Fun car. Nothing broke in the two years I had it. Found myself on an icy bridge on April 15th(without the snow tires) and insurance said it was totaled.

Congratulations . I had a 2002 as my daily driver in N. Indiana(with snow tires). Fun car. Nothing broke in the two years I had it. Found myself on an icy bridge on April 15th(without the snow tires) and insurance said it was totaled.

Sorry about the accident....you (and passenger if there was one) were ok though?

Thx .... we are looking forward to the transition from motorcycle to rag top.

Well a winter full of anticipation and finally the Miata's delivery is close.

...in 2 weeks it will be in our driveway all the way from BC.

I'm ready! :)

Enjoy it. Best bang for the buck in a sports car.

Corvette, Porsche, and two NB Miatas in my past, plus a Mustang GT, LS1 WS6 T/A, and an LT1 T/A (those aren’t sports cars, though).

Miata was the most fun.

I've had a 90 miata as my sunny summer day car, for 13 years so far. Was originally my mom's car, so I've actually been driving it since 96. Love it, don't want to sell. Its reliable and fun. Make sure you fit physically, I'm marginal at 6' tall. AC is a good idea if you plan long summer road trips. I wish mine had it, and actually have all the parts to install 8t but no time. For drives under a couple hours or slow enough you can go with the top down you won't miss it

P.S. join miata.net it is fantastic

Last edited:
Miatas have it all over any of the classic British or Italian roadsters. All you have to do is normal maintenance. You don't have to be a master mechanic, or rich, to own and enjoy one.
My Albatros resents that. Currently stripped for restore. But it's the real deal roadster. 70 MGB. Everything on it is a nut/washer and a bolt.

Last edited:
My Albatros resents that. Currently stripped for restore. But it's the real deal roadster. 70 MGB. Everything on it is a nut/washer and a bolt.

Good luck with the restoration!
....many moons ago my sisters boyfriend had both an MGB and Lotus.
....I was 12 and loved to cruise in either

Well a winter full of anticipation and finally the Miata's delivery is close.

...in 2 weeks it will be in our driveway all the way from BC.

I'm ready! :)

Good luck with your deal, car looks awesome.

A free Miata is good, right! I’ll soon be joining the MX-5 NA club. I’m waiting on delivery of a 1996 from a friend. It’s been modified for more power and better handling. Last time I saw the car it was in excellent condition.

Good luck with your deal, car looks awesome.

A free Miata is good, right! I’ll soon be joining the MX-5 NA club. I’m waiting on delivery of a 1996 from a friend. It’s been modified for more power and better handling. Last time I saw the car it was in excellent condition.

Thx!
You're not kidding are you...with Free? :thumbsup:

Not kidding. Long time friend, he rarely uses it so... I’ll start a new thread with some pictures and what’s been modified when it shows up.

As I prepare to sell my '95, I am positively green with envy at your red little devil. Enjoy it, that's a stunning example.

Back
Top Bottom