"Micheal Green Designs" speakers. Any experience ?

butch4695

Just picked up a pair of model REV#5 and I am totally impressed for a small 2 way. Anyone have any experience with these ?

Maybe not your same model but I distinctly recall a fairly recent thread on some Michael Green speakers.
Try the search function, it may show up and more.

What seems like centuries ago, I listened to a pair of small Michael Green speakers that were extraordinarily good. Not sure if they were yours, but they imaged like nobody’s business! If I had the cash back then I would have bought them!

Now that I think about it, I think they were Rev 5s...

Your pics brought back memories,that's why everyone needs to see them.
I have seen them in some old stereophile shows in the early nineties,and he also advertised in the magazine,standing next to them looking like yanni.
Apparently they were tunable where you would adjust the rod on the side and it did something something,
I remember them sounding similar to some spicas,which I was great but was expensive.

I have not messed around with the tuning yet. They sound excellent as they are. I just need to find the correct size hex wrench and I will see how much tuning them can change the sound.

I've never heard any of his speakers. However, I have had occasion to converse with him. He comes off as a self righteous, pompous, stuffed shirt. Anyone that claims that "room tuning" (his words), otherwise known as room acoustic treatments, can correct for poor recordings will never sell me anything.

Haha , for sure. I had never heard of this guy before last week , but all I can say is that he can surely design some good sounding speakers. If you ever get a chance, give them a listen

These speakers have an energy that I have never really encountered in listening to music. They really draw you in to the music.

I guess you're not aware that Michael Green started out with a product called "Room Tunes". They are room acoustic treatments.

Back
Top Bottom