MidCenturyModern For Sale thread

This is a mid-60's Nordisk-Andels 10 drawer dresser in great condition I got over the summer. It has some of the best teak veneer I've ever had.

Unfortunately after trying repeatedly to shoehorn it into our bedroom I've come to the conclusion it must leave. It is a near 6-foot ~250 lb. beast!

JGwqtqY.jpg

(The pieces on top were some weekend yard sale scoops. Two vintage French egg gathering baskets and a rattan covered glass liquor flask w/ pewter cap & boss.)
We’ve had to turn down a lot of really great pieces at good prices simply because nothing looks worse than MCM pieces in cramped spaces.

That is really nice. Love the table and chairs. Are the chairs comfortable?

They are pretty good. The height of the table and chairs are scaled lower than North American standards so someone closer to 6 feet would likely not find them comfy. Neat way the leaf is stored inside the table.

Edit: Very nice chairs there!

DSCN6939b.jpg

They are pretty good. The height of the table and chairs are scaled lower than North American standards so someone closer to 6 feet would likely not find them comfy. Neat way the leaf is stored inside the table.

Edit: Very nice chairs there!

After seeing your pictures this morning, I had the fever. So I checked out some of my favourite thrifts and found these tables and the Winnie the Pooh Cassette Radio. The tape player works too. Just a wonky power cord that I will replace.

The tables need some tender loving care, but I'm up for it. Just couldn't say no!

IMG_4011.JPG

Yeah, i'd say it's safe to say that they are not Paul McCobb. But what exactly, I'm not for sure. The McCobb stuff I own is solid wood, branded or labeled, and the brackets on the bottom are different than those. (though I could be wrong). Those look real nice though.

Thanks for that. I hadn't noticed this, but, these will be for sale. I just need to know what I have. I'm trying to ID them from the bottom. They do look like Paul McCobb end tables except these look like teak veneer.

View attachment 1009821

Stopped at a sale today and picked up some glassware and a cool GE walnut clock-

Has anyone seen a vase like this black/green one? GF really likes it but I can't find anything on it, super heavy

Attachments

• IMG_4856.JPG
    IMG_4856.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_4857.JPG
    IMG_4857.JPG
    25.2 KB · Views: 56
  • IMG_4858.JPG
    IMG_4858.JPG
    28.1 KB · Views: 57
  • IMG_4860.JPG
    IMG_4860.JPG