Million $ question

dario54

Have read somewhere that changing/upgranding internal cabling, in particular those between the pre and the power sections, improuve the old 22xx units in an incredible way.

Somebody can confirm this??

The guy wrote that he put silver cables and was like hear a totally, new, much clearer sound...:tresbon:

Any helpful answer will make me feel better....:yippy:

Do not have the answer, but maybe you can try with different external cables from pre out to in amp...

Ok, ok, I know the million $ is not for me.

renaudagnes said:
Do not have the answer, but maybe you can try with different external cables from pre out to in amp...

Ok, ok, I know the million $ is not for me.

That is funny.
ROTFL

renaudagnes said:

Using the old internal cables to the PRE out panel's RCAs + a very good external cable + the POWER in panel's RCAs + the old internal cables...:scratch2:

all this seesm to me a complication and no cable can improuve any situation with those bottlenecks...

Again, no one ever tried??:confused:

Hi dario54, welcome to AK,

consider that as a test you would be trying some silver cable in a non-permanent way a section at a time. I have heard that silver cables tend to brighten the sound (not necessarily an improvement). I like the Marantz sound the way it is engineered.

Maybe try to borrow some silver cables and try them, you may or may not like the change, or you may not hear any change - keep us posted, I for one am curious about this.

I think of bottlenecks in terms of moving data, and audio in terms of voiced for a certain sound by the engineers, changing that voice may not be for the better. Personally, I would consider a recap before any other change.

- Dave

Hi Dave,
Recap done (even if not with hiend caps), tuner realigment done, AC cable changed with a better medical grade one (16A), all panel connectors cleaned with Deoxit, same with fuse ends and housings.

I'm overall satisfied with my unit, but I'd like to get more, if more can be obtained...:music:

2265 is about as good of a sound as any receiver, in fact, if I were not a collector and only owned a 2265(which I own a 2265B), I would not consider upgrading, because the differences are small in the sound quality above a 2265 in the 50-100wpc class.

It is awesome you found a Marantz in Israel Dario, great receivers the Marantz 22XX/22XXB/23XX/23XXB lines are.

Back
Top Bottom