Mint Pioneer SX-770 found; Need info

H2s04

auralmicitisis
If you can believe it, I found an absolute mint condition Pioneer SX-770 today at the dump in the...RAIN. It's been raining all morning, and through out the afternoon, so I'm really hoping this set wasn't out soaking for too long. The wood cabinet literally has no scratches or blemishes, along with the entirely plastic front face pannel. I'm not powering this up until I know for sure that its all nice and dry, even though I gave it a quick blowing with a hair dryer on cool. I checked the main power fuse, and its blown, so I'm hoping theres nothing serious with this little guy. I'm assuming the wpc rating won't be so fantastic, but as you'll see in the pics, this rig is basically perfect. Anyway, I can't exactly run it yet, as it appears to have blown the mains fuse, and our local rat shack has all 250V fuses, with no acception, so I'll have to go a few towns over to an electronics center, probably on friday. This will also give any other parts that I missed time to dry. I'll also check the two fuses near the speaker outputs when I have some free time.

Here you go :

PIONEER
RCV, SX- 770

Description:

Manufacture Years: 1973 - 1975

Additional Information:

Retail
MSRP: $250.00
USED: $42.00
Wholesale
Mint: $24.00
Average: $14.00

Stand offs

Check the circuit board stand offs. . .Once dropped at the dump they might be busted from shock. . .

Nice indeed. I have one with the left channel out (too many projects going on to get to it) but mine had a horrible case that's now in Parts Express Cherry vinyl. Lemme know if you need parts.

Hi all, I tested it out this afternoon, and it sounds pretty good. everything sounds a tiny bit "muffled", but I only ran it for about a minute. The mains fuse wasnt blown, it just looks VERY odd inside. The needle light is out, but except from that, everything is fine. It has some issues picking up stations, but I only used the built-in. I really need to get my hands on a nice antenna.

I also didn't mention earlier how CLEAN this little guy is inside. Its amazing; not a speck of dust!! See for yourself:

Back
Top Bottom