Mirage M-7si woofer surrounds

Barncats

AK Subscriber
Subscriber
I was just visiting friends in Montreal. They have a pair of Mirage M-7si floorstanders (s/n 005544). The speakers have not been used in a long time, but they now about to set them up again. Paul thinks they are about twenty-five years old and said they've seen so little use, they must be in mint condition. I warned him that although this is likely to be true of the l.f. drivers have rubber surrounds, if they have foam, the surrounds are probably perished even if the speakers were not used very much. And of course they have the black socks, so it was not possible for me to inspect. Do any of you know which surround material was used by Mirage for this model, and was that used exclusively? (I am remembering that some vintages of a/d/s speakers might have foam at one time, and a different vintage of same model might have rubber.) Thanks!

Photos taken from a M-7si Canuck Audiomart ad. Woofers is rubber surround but the mid on the rear baffle is foam. They may still be ok. My first gen. Paradigm micro foam surrounds show no signs of deteriorating yet and they're older than the 7si's

IMG_1063.JPG IMG_1065.JPG

Back
Top Bottom