Mirsch speakers

aettila

What do you know about this great Swedish brand? As I googled once, I couldn't find much more than some very hot pics of those crazy-built speakers they made, and information that they was working during from seventies to middle eighties.

mirsch_om2000_www.kepfeltoltes.hu_.jpg

Isn't mirsch that flesh-eating bacteria disease?

Those speakers in that picture look seriously-high-end. If I saw a pair like that going ridiculously-cheap, I'd probably bite. I saw a mint Teac reel-to-reel today that was selling for less than $150, and I feel like I should have grabbed it, but I don't know enough about that stuff. Imagine all the super-high-end speakers and things that get passed on for the simple lack of info.

Last edited:
What do you know about this great Swedish brand? As I googled once, I couldn't find much more than some very hot pics of those crazy-built speakers they made, and information that they was working during from seventies to middle eighties.

They look to have two of those classic Peerless domes. So the component quality is decent. I haven't heard of the brand, but the Swedes knew how to make speakers. Audiopro and Sonab speakers are well regarded. (maybe not nearly as much in North America...)

Imagine all the super-high-end speakers and things that get passed on for the simple lack of info.

Don't know about the Teac. But it's kinda the same thing at my case... The salesman I'm in contact with sells the first kind of what Rolf has posted for about 250$! Also a very similar one for even cheaper. I think I know what you're saying... I usually fall simply for the design, although I didn't buy much speakers, but that's how Mirsch caught my attention also. However I feel a little as if somewhere the design is so precisely made, it can be similar with the inside buildup.

What Rolf showed (the top and two below) are very similar to some classic Bose speakers. I just heard the top one but not with the correct amp and only for a very short time... I was just about to leave. Sounded correct.

@jwalker: the one on the picture I posted I didn't meet, but the other in topic the domes made of paper. Tweeters on the top are poly-something, very stiff.

Ah and what Rolf posted all look damn heavy. You should also take a look at carlssonplanet.com, another Swedish company...

I thought this thread was going to be a discussion of white van speakers like "Kirsch". Once again I am surprised with a speaker company I have never heard of.

Here are a few images of a Mirsch OM-71 selling on eBay at the moment , they have 3 way on the front what looks like a passive radiator on the bottom and an additional upwards firing additional tweeter. The seller wants $680 Aus , which looks not that unreasonable given the build is nice quality

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220320-104809_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220320-104809_eBay.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 20
  • Screenshot_20220320-104809_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220320-104809_eBay.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 16
  • Screenshot_20220320-104756_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220320-104756_eBay.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 18
  • Screenshot_20220320-104751_eBay.jpg
    Screenshot_20220320-104751_eBay.jpg